Outlook cannot Install Emon.dll

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vangoogle, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vangoogle

vangoogle Registered Member

Hi all...

I have been using NOD32 since like before version 1..(what ever happened to the cool little Amoeba pulsing thing actually?)
    Sorry back on topic....
    I am running latest 2.5 all up to date and Windows XP, Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 Beta (separate PC)
    All is running sweet until couple of days ago. Bout 4 days ago I installed OsaSync http://www.vaita.com
    The program seemed to work sweet but then 2 days later I suddenly get this message that Outlook cannot load emon.dll could be memory issue it says (this is during the use of outlook 2007 not at startup.)
    So on the laptop I have gone back to 2003 Outlook and it does the same but says that it could not load emon.dll please run detect and repair to fix the problem.
    As you can guess it didnt help.
    I also used to have the AO program that allows you to change Outlook Attachment options so it can retrieve anything via email.
    I removed this from the 2003 Outlook but still same problem.
    Any Ideas? As once the error comes up clicking OK simply brings the error again and you have to log off to kill it?
    Thanx
    Mark...

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Mark, could you please try the following:

1. Download a fresh copy of NOD32 to your desktop.

2. Uninstall your current version of NOD32 through the Windows Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs.

3. Remove the Eset folder from C Drive> Program Files

4. Install the fresh copy of NOD32 that you downloaded above using "Typical" settings when asked.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. vangoogle

OK Now the Osasync program has errors but these are not like caouldnot load dll. SO I will remove and then reinstall it too.
    One thing I have noticed though is that in Outlook 2003 the NOD menu is there but it is not there in outlook 2007...Ideas on how to re-enable it?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can't expect this since Outlook 2007 is BETA product . Beta means the product is not finished and it is in bug-checking state . Outlook 2003 uses MAPI interface , 2007 may use something elseo_O

5. vangoogle

I may be wrong but I am sure it was there originally....

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , if you are sure it was there , then wait here for an answer from a Moderator or send ESET a mail to support@eset.us and a link to that thread :thumb:

7. vangoogle

Results:
    bad :(
    Seriously, I even got rid of the osasync program and reinstalled it all from scratch same issues, emon error loading, but it never happens straight away its always after a while never same amount of time and this happens on Outlook 2003 and 2007.
    At the moment I let Outlook disable Emon and have not had an error past 2 days. I see the message to same NOD has scanned the email at bottem of every email still. DOes this mean I am still protected from virus?

Thanx heaps for your help to0 guys....

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , you are protected . AMON (antivirus monitor) scans everything on-create , on-access and on-execute .IMON (internet monitor) scans all your HTTP traffic as well as your mail traffic and IMON will scan your mail once and AMON will scan your attachments after that . Protection level OK

Test your scanner with eicar.com

;)

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why don't you try to remove the program that makes problems OsaSync and then try System Restore in Windows XP to restore your system exactly as it was before you installed it

So remove it and then Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Restore and restore to some days before you installed it .

After the Restore is done , goto Add/Remove programs and mark the Office and attempt Repair of it.

Now reinstall NOD32 as Blackspear suggested or with these instructions:
    1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system
    Trial version Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7) Configure NOD32 as shown here

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try the following:

- uninstall NOD32 and restart the pc
    - with MS Outlook closed, delete extend.dat in %Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    - run regedit and make sure EMON does not appear in the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions
    - run MS Outlook to make sure the error does not appear
    - install NOD32

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.