T.I. Workstation 9.1 3694 Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JARd1st, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

When trying to initiate a restore from Windows, at the time when TI would ask me to reboot, I get the following error;

I've tried uninstallin, reinstalling, etc to no avail. But, if I reinstall TI9.1 3666, it works fine.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I've known that error message to occur, when a debug function has been left lurking and one of the libraries it calls resides on the debug machines harddrive, rather than having that code part of the object file before it becomes compiled to an exe.

Having said that, if that were the case here, I'd have expected a lot more people to have the problem.

Colin

3. JARd1st

Well I just installed v3718 and it STILL gives me the same error. Yet, if I go back to v3666 I don't get that error.

I don't know what's going on, but it seems weird that the only variable is the version of TI I'm using.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  4. JARd1st

Hello, Acronis. Are you there?

5. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!

I have the same problem.

Konrad

6. JARd1st

It's really annoying. I have to use my restore CD to do restores, now. The regular way was so much more convenient.

I hope Acronis fixes this when they come back from vacation. :cautious:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  7. JARd1st

Hello there in Acronis-ville . . .

8. JARd1st

Miscellaneous problems

Beginning with build 3694, I've had this error when I attempt to start a restore from Windows.

If I go back to 3666, everything is normal, but 3694 and 3718 give the same problem no matter how many uninstalls, reinstalls, update installs, and cleanup after uninstalls I do. Something changed between 3666 and 3694 and it wasn't something on my system.

Now, I am using a new mouse (Logitech G7) and it doesn't work in the Restore CD environment. It works normally on the main menu, but after I select TI Workstation Full Version, moving it horizontally makes it move vertically, but moving it vertically does nothing. Now I have to use the keyboard to navigate around the TrueImage menu.

Since it works to start with but stops in the TI Workstation program, this seems to definately be a program problem abd not something with my system.

What next? If it gets any worse I won't be able to restore ANY way.

Please, ACRONIS, at least, ANSWER THIS TIME.

9. thecat

thecat Registered Member

Re: Miscellaneous problems

I have this mouse issue using the latest trial version. I have a Logitech wireless desktop, mouse using the PS2 connector from the receiver. Moving the mouse horizontally moves the curser vertically but cannot move the curser horizontally on the screen at all. Drove me mad!

Paul

10. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Some things just don't need to be "Wireless". A Mouse is one of them. ;)
    (Ok, let the flaming begin. :p ) ;)

11. JARd1st

No, TI just needs to work with wireless mice.

Anyway, I didn't post here for your critique of my mouse, and I did request a reply from Acronis on this plus the other problem.

If the first problem wasn't there, I wouldn't even need to use a mouse during the restore in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  12. starsfan09

I'm not "critiquing" you using a wireless mouse. Just simply saying there's a lot of problems with Wireless keyboards, and mouse....even with the Best programs on the market. There's to many things in the home/office that can interfere with the signal.

Have you tried hooking a corded mouse to see if the problem goes away? Have you checked for a driver update for the wireless mouse? Could be a driver issue.

13. JARd1st

Nothing interferes with my mouse or keyboard. The mouse only doesn't work when I use the Acronis Restore CD.

How can it be a driver? Does the Acronis Bootable media maker use my Logitech driver? Actually, I thought of that, and made a new CD when I installed this mouse. Still nogo.

And yes, this is the latest driver.

I know I could use one of my old wired mice, but TI is getting harder and harder to use, and one more burden is the last thing I need.

Anyway, like I said, if it didn't have that shuddown problem, I wouldn't even know my mouse didn't work in the TI Restore CD,

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation\TrueImage.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information. - I'm trying guys, but . . .

14. starsfan09

The problem may be this. When you use the Recovery Boot-Up Cd, you're Not actually booting into Windows. The Boot-Cd loads into RAM, so therefore, the Wireless drivers needed to communicate can't do it because the OS hasn't booted.

15. JARd1st

But my other wireless (MX 1000) mouse worked.

I hope Acronis still reads this after all these replies. I've found that they usually don't look at topics that have been replied to a number of times. :mad:

16. JARd1st

Well, I went back to build 3666 so I could do restores initiated from Windows without needing to worry about whether my mouse or keyboard would work when I need it to.

But now I have the "Cannot resolve the source path. You should edit this task." error when trying to edit the task. o_O

I think I'm going to check into Symantec Ghost, as no one from Acronis has even responded to this, or my previous topic on

17. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off-topic posts including personal remarks removed.

18. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JARd1st,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I have merged two threads you have started as they both concern the same issue. Please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

As to the issue you have experience please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also do the following:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;

- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;

- Run Acronis True Image and reproduce the problem;

- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2.

Also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please make a screen shots of the error message you have received. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for the issue with wireless mouse please please also try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please provide Acronis Support Team with the exact vendor and model of the mouse you use, create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.