WARNING! Do not renew before expiration

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PatG, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Just in case this hasn't been covered, I renewed for 1 year today. New license shows expiration date of 6-27-07. My old license didn't/doesn't expire until 7-17-06. Sent two emails asking SPECIFICALLY why and could not get personal reply. Just received an standard reply that was received after renewing. Know it isn't but 2½ weeks, but should not have jumped the gun. Don't renew until the date of expiration!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

PatG, this is not the case, please send an email to support @eset.us and they will sort this out for you.

Cheers :D

3. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear for the advice. Email sent and will post back w/any solution.

4. PatG

PatG Registered Member

WOW! What a fast response! Part of the email:

Hello,

I apologize for the confusion. You current license is now valid until July 17, 2007

Thank you for using NOD32!
    snip ~ removed identifiable information ~ Blackspear

Eset Tech Support

First time I've had to use Support, but it sure makes for 1 happy customer! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2006
  5. Blackspear

Good to see PatG, and thanks for letting us know...

6. nameless

nameless Registered Member

This issue has been tossed around before. If you buy direct, Eset renews your NOD32 subscription effective on the very day you renew. As we've seen, they seem to be willing to make adjustments if you complain.

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Yah...I don't see what the confusion is. Purchase of a license is good for a year. It's up to the person to monitor how early to renew the license. Those who wish to squeeze every last penny out of it..can wait until a few minutes before midnight before it expires. Else...get it done. I wouldn't lose sleep over it being week or two early .

8. nameless

The "confusion" is that it's a license renewal, not just the purchase of a license. Most renewals I've seen don't renew immediately, but--since they are tied to an existing license--wait until the existing license expires. I believe this is what (at least some of) the NOD32 resellers do; why doesn't Eset do it as well? It only makes sense.

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Agnitum warns you not to renue till the existing licence runs out. I don't want to lose two+ weeks of my licence. I wait till the existing licence runs out, then I renue. Chances are your not going to suffer some attack if you miss 0ne or two days. The software is not going to disapear or lockup.

10. nameless

Yeah, well, if we're going to continue a discussion along these lines, I'll just go ahead and point out that it's completely ridiculous for such a system to be in place. If you have an existing license, and you renew, the renewal should automatically be tacked onto the end of the existing license period--no matter when that renewal takes place.

Users shouldn't have to "time it just right", watch a calendar, set up a reminder, or decide between wasting money and getting the renewal out of the way just to have one less thing to worry about. And I don't care how much much or little money I'd waste on the license overlap--how dare anyone tell me how much money I should or should not mind throwing out the window!

I'm going to be out of town for quite awhile, starting in a few days. Good thing my NOD32 license won't expire any time soon... Otherwise, I'd have to decide if I should renew now, take a chance on wasting money and hope for an adjustment, or let the expiring license lapse, and hope I am still eligible for a discount when I return. And should I have to investigate what the grace period is after a license expires, before I am no longer eligible for a renewal discount? Of course not.

There's just no possible argument against what I'm saying, other than "You shouldn't worry about the money", or "Keep the date of the expiring license in mind, then time it just right", which is just ... wrong.

Don't worry, mods... I'm done.

11. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

As explained, the renewed licence runs for the full period starting from when your previous licence expires. In order for a reseller or ESET to ensure this happens correctly, they would need to be provided at least some of the following information - the more the easier really depending on how you are purchasing a renewal:-
    1. Your current NOD32 Username 'AV-xxxxxxx'
    2. Your current expiry date
    3. The email address you used when you originally purchased.
    4. Your current email address
    5. Your renewal payment verification or refernce

And if on occasion a mistake is made (we're all human after all), it's easy to sort out

Cheers :)

12. CtlAltDelete

CtlAltDelete Registered Member

Why is it ok to post part of this email and other times it is removed totally from the thread because of the site TOS?

13. Blackspear

It was simply overlooked, identifiable information has now been removed.

Blackspear.

14. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Not according to Bandicoot, the licence begins when the renewal is made online. If it is two weeks early, then you lose two weeks:
    Bandicoot
    Eset Moderator Join Date: Mar 2004

Re: NOD32 Yearly Subscription
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/show...ighlight=NOD32 Yearly Subscription#post678887

15. Blackspear

I'll quote your quote, quoting Bandicoot ;) :D

16. berng

berng Registered Member

Its a pain for us to time the renewal so there's no overlap. Per Bandicoot post, to lose a week is not big deal, only 53 centsl.

I suggest that the one week issue be resolved by ESET simply giving everyone an extra week, the 53 week renewal.

17. NOD32 user

Still not an issue when renewing through any of the resellers in Australia or many of the US resellers I'm aware of, so long as appropriate information is supplied...

18. wilco

wilco Registered Member

Hi,

If I purchase say 2 licenses, will the licenses expire on anniversary of purchase, or anniversary of application to each machine? (I may want to defer installation on one machine)

thanks o_O

19. NOD32 user

In general terms, the anniversary of purchase - since your from Australia too, your licences should run until the 31st of the month. :D

And welcome to Wilders.

20. ASpace

ASpace Guest

They will expire on anniversary of purchase , inn other words you purchase one year license today 22 August 2006 and this license expires on 22 August 2007 . No matter when you install the programs or if you install it at all , the license is license :p

21. wilco

wilco Registered Member

Thanks for your speedy replies. Looks like I would have to sacrifice license time on another product to take advantage of multi-copy purchase of NOD32.

:(

22. NOD32 user

You've most welcome :)
    Only thought I can offer just now (if it's an appreciable amount of time and your licence permits it) and if you wish then maybe you could.... auction it and tell them you're upgrading :D

23. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

I had this problem when I wanted to renew my license.
    I did it a month ahead of time, my license expires on May 5th and I did it back in April around the same date.
    Ended up getting NOD until April of 2007 which would have left me short by a month.
    I e-mailed customer service and they moved my renewal date back up to May but I'll make sure this time and wait until May of 2007 before renewing my license.

24. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

many of the reseller websites have this handled but having your provide your expiring AV number and expiration date. To my knowledge, the ecommerce system used by Eset directly doesn't do this (at least it didn't) - so in this instance, I think that the resellers are ahead of the curve... just another reason (apart from local service etc), to buy from a reseller as opposed to direct. Support your local resellers - they support you!

25. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If NOD is $39 for a first time buyer, that equates to about .75 cents a week. So if you get stung for renewing a week early, that means you are out .75 cents. Skip a container of coffee if you can get it that cheap and you'll break even.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.