Ultimate Boot CD for Windows 3.0

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mrkvonic, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

http://www.ubcd4win.com/index.htm

Well, they have finally made, a full all-in-one-installer. Up to this version, you had to download plugins and drivers manually, place them in bart's pe builder, and then build your "distro". Today, ubcd4win comes with an installer that installs the ubcd4win pe builder (based on bart's pe builder), drivers and plugins. The new version looks very nice. And as always comes with tons of useful tools, including backup for partitions, linux partition support, cd burning tools, undelete tools, anti-spyware, anti-virii, opera, firefox, and more.

You can download the installer:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm

You can read about what the package contains:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/contents.htm

Install it, create the iso and burn it. And you'll have a great rescue, maintenance and backup tool.

Mrk

2. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thankyou :thumb:
    It's hard to keep up with all the new releases of all the useful tools.
    Good reasons to come here.
    me pulled along in the back wash :)

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i made an UBCD4WIN once and really liked it, but i was put off by the fact just about all the programs which would be needed to clean a PC would only be up-to-date for a few days. so the whole thing would have to be 'recomplied' again if i ever needed it in the future.

do you think it's now easy and quick enough to use, or will it still take awhile getting everything together to compile the CD?

BTW, even if you don't make a livecd with it there are loads of great programs you can just use on your PC. and the great thing is all the programs are standalones, so there's a standalone spybot, firefox, netstumbler, neroinfotool, memtest, total commander, xplorer2, express burn, deep burner, etc ,etc

lol, i was just looking through some of the programs it uses on one of my Windows partitions. there must be about 100 of the best free programs you can get, and all standalone versions too :eek:

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I was going to post a new thread, but i saw this one. I-m typing this from UBCD4WIN:eek: , a CD!! One thing is to hear about it, another is doing it yourself.

By the way the keyboard seems messed up lol. I can-t type things correctly.
    (now i'm getting to get the hang of the keyboard, it's like Dosbox, did i do something wrong?)

It seems to work, but the thing is, i used as the source for the files C:\ . I used this because my Toshiba came with the recovery CD, not Windows CD. And it's SP1, not SP2 which is the one installed. I read about sleapstreaming, but the program in UBCD4WIN'site didn't recognize the recovery CD, nor the files copied from the CD to the HD, nor anything lol.

So my questions are,./'; WHERE'S THE KEY >?": AH :

1- What's the diference between the recovery CD and the windows original installation CD?

2- How can i build my own installation CD? (i found a tool but i want your opinion, sorry can't find the link from the CD!!:D )

5- Do i need such a CD?

4- As for UBCD4WIN, what pluggins do you add to the ones already selected? And besides the ones included already in UBCD4WIN, do you add other pluggins?

5- WHAT'S UP WITH THE KEYBOARD?

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.