screensaver trouble since i installed process guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by chrome_sturmen, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

hi- ive installed process guard maybe a month ago, and its a great program- but now, when i click my screensaver runner, rather than the screensaver running, it goes straight to the login screen-no screensaver. id like to fix this, can someone advise?

thanks in advance

2. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

I have a similar problem here. I run SETI@Home and like the screensaver. Unfortunately, in some manner i can't figure, PG seems to be blocking it. According to the log it starts, then 5 minutes later it starts again ( i have it set to start after 5 minutes of inactivity ) yet it only run for 1-2 seconds and then goes to my wallpaper.

Mike :(

3. some made up name

some made up name Registered Member

is PG compaining about anything (PhysMem blocked, tried to run another app and that was blocked, etc.)?

(chrome_sturmen) are you sure that the screensaver is always allowed?

4. TouchuvGrey

PG is not complaining about anything, screensaver is always allowed, I should have explained a bit more previously, other screensavers run fine, it's just this one ( the one i like best of course ) that won't. I've been using PG for several years now and it is just the latest Beta that exhibits this issue.

Mike

5. some made up name

some made up name Registered Member

just a thought ... but the new beta changelog says something about adding more keys to the 'block registry dll injection' option ... does disabling that help?

6. TouchuvGrey

And now to confuse matters further, i installed the latest PG Beta on my laptop and the SETI@Home screensaver runs fine, the only difference was that in installing the new beta on my main box i deleted the old pghash and pgdat files, when installing on the laptop, i did not delete them.

Mike

7. chrome_sturmen

i just closed process guard, and my screen saver runner is still doing the same thing- maybe this's unrelated to pg

8. chrome_sturmen

for the record, i am glad to say that it was not process guard that was interfering with the functionality of my screensaver- a simple disk check fixed the problem. i now have pg reinstalled, and to date it causes 0 problems with my system ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.