Warning: A part of process guard is not running

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by jimmytop, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Sometimes, when I log off of a limited user account and log into the main account with admin priviledges, I get the following warning dialog box:

"A part of ProcessGuard (pgaccount.exe) is currently not running. When this part is not running ProcessGuard will be unable to handle execution requests. [OK]"

This is very annoying and only way to get it working right again is to do a reboot.

I am using PG v 3.15 full.
    Thanks

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  2. jimmytop

Re: Warning: A part of ProcessGuard is not running

<bump>

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Seems to work fine for me, have you logged into this account before with PG in Learning Mode ? (back when it was installed and configured). This may help as lots of things happen when logging into new accounts

Also, ensure you have the startup entries still in the registry. PGAccount is started from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE so that it starts when you logon.. (all users)

4. jimmytop

Yes, I have been using PG for some time now, it was in learning mode long enough, and everything that needs permissions has them. The pgaccount.exe is in startup in registry, and starts from HKLM as it's supposed too. Like I said, if I reboot and enter the admin account, everything starts fine and I don't get the message. Also, I don't get it 100% of the time. If I switch between users, no problems sometimes. But then once the pgaccount.exe message comes up, thats it, there's no starting that without rebooting. I can't even manually execute the file.

I have an admin priv account and two limited user accounts, one of which has power user priv. This actually happens on three different machines, the other two have one limited and one admin priv. Eventually, the pgaccount.exe will just refuse to run when entering the admin account and I have to reboot.

I think you just need to work with it a little, and you'll get the message too.

5. jimmytop

Here is the original thread I posted about this problem last year:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=69616

I never did get any response via email from Diamond CS despite being a registered user and trying multiple times to get help.
    o_O :(

6. jimmytop

<bump>

7. buffet

buffet Registered Member

PG3.3b4 gets the similar issue on at least 2 winxp boxes when the first windows account logon is a non-adminitrative one; when switching back to an adm acct, the issue comes up even using run-as on pg in a limit-account. If all are adm accounts, it seems very well running.

8. jimmytop

Ok, then I'm not the only one. Thanks buffet :thumb:

DiamondCS? o_O o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.