Help, Can't Boot to other snapshots.

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by divedog, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I always had troubles with BitDefender (beta or not), it caused BSOD's on my computer. From my readings it is caused by a combination with other softwares, but I don't remember which ones, but some member at Wilders could help you more in this matter. Sometimes it would be better to create one thread per software in order to find problems with some softwares easier.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Actually what was being questioned here is if somehow the BitDefender beta was a cause of the FDISR issue, and it seems it wasn't. All beta's can be a mess. At one time or another KAV,Ghost Security,OA,ProcessGuard, the list goes on. All these beta's have had hangs crashes, etc. Point here is FDISR was the means of recovery, and it seems Divedog was able to do that so all is well.

3. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I am not sure what caused the gmal-04 error that made me unable to boot to other snapshots. At this point I lean towards the Bitdefender Beta. I had to rebuild using an ATI image, and again was having no trouble until I created another snapshot with the Beta in it, the second go around, I had a bsod not the same as the gmal-04 that froze up first defense but it was enough for me to remove that snapshot and I have had no trouble since. If I get some time tomorrow I will call tech support and report back.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Duh. Was just on the Raxco Website. There definitely is a conflict between Bitdefender and First Defense. See the website if it applies.

5. divedog

I don’t see anything on there web page about Bit Defender. Could you post a link? This is all I found.

Known Issues with 3rd Party Software:

* Kapersky Antivirus 5.0
    * Master Boot Record modifying programs
    * Non-English versions of Windows
    * Registry cleaners such as System Mechanic may delete FirstDefense registry keys

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

7. divedog

Thanx, alot of good info there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.