Rising Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Has anybody ever heard or tried this antivirus software. Suppose to be the No.1 AV from China and I would say its produced in China as well. Basically I've never heard of it but saw it advertised on Ebay.

http://www.rising-global.com/

2. DDR789

DDR789 Registered Member

I am a chinese the rising is not good.in china,the best av is jiangmin

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I saw it in HK in an authorized re-seller shop. The staff said that it is the No1 antivirus software in China, but I have not seen any reviews of it so far.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  4. shek

shek Registered Member

Rising is an average AV. Jiangmin is a little bit better. But I will not recommand them at all. IMHO, they are in the tier 3 among those AV vendors. The reason Rising is the NO1 in China is that it does a really good job in marketing.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, some time ago, i d/l from a chinese web site and ran a trial. it froze up my pc upon reboot. it might not be one of your urgently needed apps ,IMO. However, i would try it again providing there is a favorable review on the horizon.

6. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

In Brazil Norton and AVG are number 1 and 2.
    Both aren't good... ;)

7. proll

proll Registered Member

In China,the NO.1 AV is Jiangmin antivirus.
    http://global.jiangmin.com/

Jiangmin has won the CheckMark Level1 and Level2 some days before.

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Wow, a 25.4MB download. It's a fat little fellow, isn't it! The GUI pictured HERE is superbly simple. I am curious about feature #8. Is it for real? My current AV doesn't do that AFAIK.

9. ink

ink Registered Member

Yes, it can monitor the registry change 4 years ago? I can't remember.
    And it can scan the disk before system boot just like avast. It also has an unknown virus scanner give some point on some suspicous programmes,then you have the choice to add them in the detection before the signature release like the mcafee 8.0i.This product have very good detection and have some relationships with kaspersky.
    By the way, the registry monitor, individual component scan for file,web,mail,internet,system vulnerability, some network program build in and unkown scan is first seen in China and then in norton, mcafee,kaspersky.
    The rising is also good, it has an file structure backup 6 years ago? And it also offer a free toolbar to protect ie hijack and online fraud.

10. ink

ink Registered Member

In China Rising is the no1 in the market and then jiangmin and duba.Kaspersky and norton mcafee is also used. Recently nod32 is sold here.But in my experience, the trojan is the big concern here, although nod32 is good at detect the wide spreading trojan huipigon, it not so good at others, kaspersky is good at fast response, but the trojan here is borne to avoid kaspersky, and local antivus is sometimes faster than kasperksy. People using norton here is just a pain, the detection in the samples we exchange every day is under 5% even after submition everyday.
    Kasperksy is potencial to be the most successful foreign producer here, but the competition in china is fury, the price is about $20 for the major product and free update more than one year.

11. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Feature # 15 could be misconstrued.:D

12. ink

ink Registered Member

It has four skins, duba has the most beautiful GUI design in China. Kaspersky 6 also will offer skins

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Huh? Rising AV has some relationships with Kaspersky? Can someone explain please? o_O

14. shek

shek Registered Member

No. Jiangmin has some relationships with Kaspersky. But the details have never been disclosed.

15. sokolova

sokolova Registered Member

i have used it for a long time,but now i am using McAfee.

16. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I am searching personal contact email addresses of responsible peoples of the companies Jiangmin and Rising. If anyone has them, please PM me. Thanks!

17. proll

proll Registered Member

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well IBK has some doubts about these tests. Honestly from what i heard i can't blame him. It's all just a matter of $$$ and not that much of detection...

19. IBK

IBK AV Expert

yeah, you only have to read carefully what that certification means and how it can be obtained. The tests itself are sure done very professional, no doubt.

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Sure it's done professionally, but testbed is limited, isn't it? At least compared to your megatestbed.

21. ink

ink Registered Member

Do you mean the CEO or the technical starffs? I think it is not difficult to find on their website, if you have some language problem, I can help.

22. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Several posts removed. Let's stay on the topic of other antivirus software and leave the politics home.
    Your help is appreciated.

23. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Hi, Thnaks, I found now all contact mail addresses, and will contact some various av vendors soon ;)

24. aluckystar

aluckystar Registered Member

I don't like Rising AV.
    It often skips virus files in the scan.I had seen some test, it is a product in the same level with Ahn Lab V3.
    But once you buy it, it offers a update services forever,it's quite reasonable.

Jiangmin's test result is better.It do has some relationship with KAV.It is a product in the same level with F-secure in AV.But its firewall is poor.

Kingsoft once used trendmicro's PC-cillin98 engine once, then it bought Dr.Web's engine.Now, KIS2006 uses its own engine,called:The Blue Core.but it doesn't perform well.

And there is a new AV called Guanghua AV produced by Greatsoft Inc( http://www.viruschina.com/english/index.htm) in China is more and more popular.It's killing rate is even higher than KAV, but its GUI is poor.

25. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Can you confirm rising offers update services forever?.The site says $29.95 for a one year single licence.
    http://www.rising-global.com/Default.aspx
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.