Where is The quarantine folder supposed to be ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kenw, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenw

kenw Registered Member

It's not in the ESET folder

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

New Quarantine Feature Allows storage of infected, or potentially infected files in an encrypted format housed in a special user-defined directory.

It seems that, with NOD version 2, there's no usefulness to my TB!
    quarantine folders. Is that correct?

see these links for the information

www.mail-archive.com/tbbeta@thebat.dutaint.com/msg29333.html

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Indeed, John ;)

In case you are referring to using a The Bat! plugin, so you can stash infected email witin this email client, I presume your right.

Links aren't working - could you supply some working ones? Nevertheless, my guess is you are referring to TheBat! v2.0 Beta, scheduled to be released in about a month from now. As far as I know, Ritlabs hasn't sorted out all flaws in that one ;).

regards.

paul

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

:D does not everyone use the Bat...can not seem to make those long links work no matter how it is done here..but you could cut and past that in the browser and see if it works then.

5. kenw

kenw Registered Member

I have NOT been able to find where it is set. An I read the manual !!!!!!!!!

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi kenw

NOD32 System Tools > NOD32 System Setup > Advanced

Regards,

CrazyM

7. kenw

kenw Registered Member

OK. I found it. I guess I had to creat the Infected folder, which I did. I thought it would be there when Nod32 was installed.

8. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

I suspect NOD would create the default folder once it had something to put there. Cannot say for certain as I created a folder manually after install while configuring settings.

Regards,

CrazyM

9. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi kenw,

When you put a file in "quarantine" for the first time, NOD will create C:\Program Files\Eset\infected ;)

rgds,
    Martin

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

What happens to the folder if you uninstall NOD32 with items held in the folder? I noticed that when I reinstalled NOD32 a month or so ago after having it off my computer for six months, that when I reinstalled it there was the infected folder INTACT with all the quarantined items from six months ago! So, I gather NOD32 does NOT delete the contents of the quarantine folder when uninstalled? Where does it leave the folder? I didn't see it in the Eset folder after uninstalling. Does it hide it some place on the hard drive?

I know that other avs I have used, ask when you start the uninstallation process if you want the items saved from the quarantine folder or if you want them permanently deleted. NOD does not ask this when being uninstalled. So exactly what does happen? I have asked this question before here and got no answer.

11. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

The folder should, as stated above, be "C:\Program Files\Eset\Infected" as default. I don't remember how it was in the betas, but I think it was the same back then. It might be that the beta-version saved them somewhere else, or you might have unknowingly changed it.

Best regards,
    Anders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.