Bootable Rescue Media Builder-Error Burning the Bootable CD-R/CD-RW

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by euphonius, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euphonius

euphonius Registered Member

Using Disk Director Suite Version 9 Build 537:

When using the Bootable Rescue Media Builder I get this error, "Error Burning the Bootable CD-R/CD-RW"

I can't seem to find much information beyond the error message.

I can see from the forum that the Media Builder works. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mike Fisher

XP Pro, 1.6 GHz, 384 MB RAM 8 GB free disk Space, DVD+R Burner

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (549) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

There are several workarounds in case you cannot create Acronis Disk Director Suite Bootable CD with the latest build:

1. Please make sure that you are using a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW disc, as other types of media cannot be used to create a bootable rescue CD.

2. Boot into Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and then create Acronis Disk Director Suite Bootable CD.

3. Update any third-party CD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on its respective web-site.

4. Uninstall any CD burning software temporarily and then create Acronis Disk Director Suite Bootable CD.

5. If you use Windows XP please uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties").

6. One more workaround:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

If none of these tips help then please submit a request for technical support. Please do not forget to provide the link to this thread in your request. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.