Move backups from Aronis Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jerry2000, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry2000

jerry2000 Registered Member

I was making images to my Secure Zone for some time now. But I rather have them on my DVD or my secondary disk that is External. Just like to see what I have if you know what I mean.

But I just found out (if it is true) that there is no way to "salvage" my images from secure zone to the regular partition. Is that true? If it is, than... that's really bad :-(

Yours

Jerry

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that it's impossible to copy images from Acronis Secure Zone to another location. So you should create another image to the another partition or DVD.

Acronis Secure Zone is a special hidden partition for storing archives on the computer system itself. For archive security purposes, ordinary applications cannot access it. Since this partition is inaccessible by the operating system and applications, you can be sure that the disk images stored are secure and cannot be altered.

Please note that if there is not enough free space in Acronis Secure Zone to create an image, then Acronis True Image deletes the oldest full image with all subsequent incremental backup images.

If there is only one full image (with subsequent incremental backup images) left and full backup is in progress, then this only full image (with subsequent incremental backup images) is deleted.

Otherwise (only one full image left, and incremental backup is in progress) then you will get out of space error. In this case you will have to either create full image or increase the Acronis Secure Zone size.

You can always check how much free space left in Acronis Secure Zone on the second page of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. vukodlak75

vukodlak75 Registered Member

Download the trial R-Studio at _http://www.data-recovery-software.net/
    it will see the secure zone and you will be able to copy the images to another visable partition.
    When I get to work tomorrow I'll give you instructions in detail.

Note: I do not work for R-tools. I just happened to have the same dillema as you and at the same time I was trying out R-Studio.

OK. After installing R-Studio open it up. The secure zone will be labled PartitionX (X=partition number). Double click the partition and then select open. You will see your .TIB files in the right window pain labeled as AAA, AAB, AAC etc. Tick the box next to them then right click on one of them and select Recover Selected. Choose the output path (location) and then OK. That's all.
    Hope this helps you out.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  4. jerry2000

jerry2000 Registered Member

Thank you very very much. This topic should be sticky :)

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I would not call it bad as it is the way the secure zone is designed to work. IE. it keeps your images safe from interference. If you are planning to have you images on an external disk create them afresh with that as the new destination.
    However if you really must have the particular images, which have been saved to your secure zone, copied elsewhere it is a simple exercise to Mount them, one at a time for preference, using the Acronis task wizard. Once mounted you can copy all or part of them to wherever you wish. You do not have to use a third party program to do this. I have not tested this procedure for a whole drive including the MBR but if you really think it necessary give it a try.
    I use the Secure Zone on a slave drive for all my first line backups. As a second line of defence I also use TI to write original images afresh to an external HDD. My own personal view of Data and DVDs is Don't!!

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.