ANTS 2.0 English anti-tojan

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Pretender, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

i've downloaded and installed the program. some of it is in english and some in german. not sure how to use the program now that i've got it. anyone have suggestions? there's a guard option, memory check, and A New Trojan Scanner option. also, what about configuration? Great Board, great people. Appreciate your help, bob.

2. snowman

snowman Guest

Pretender

first go to "Options" an set as you feel will meet your needs......careful not to push the "slider" to high are you may get false positives.....also wise to set to "ask for action when trojan found"   also, you may want to check both "scan for unusual signatures", and "scan all files".............an that should just about do it.

the "scanner" scans for possible trojans....after you made your settings in "options" nothing else needs doing.

Guard is as the name implies....since I am not sure how to explain this correctly I prefer not to say anything that may be in-correct\ confusing.

Processes.....shows you which applications are running.....in "real time"

there really isn't much else to say...other than its a great freeware program......

snowman

3. snowman

snowman Guest

Pretender

you will have to "run" the scanner manually...I wasn't sure that I was clear on that.   you will see "start scan"

snowman

4. Pretender

if i understand you right then this is an after-the-fact program? can't be set up to scan while on internet? or is that the guard option? thanks for you help.

5. snowman

snowman Guest

Pretender

when I am in doubt as to the full function of a feature I prefer not to make guesses that may be mis-leading.......an such would be the case here if I further commented.    instead I prefer to let someone more knowledgable regarding those features reply.......sorry I can't be of more help ...

regards
                                 snowman

6. Pretender

honesty is very much appreciated on issues of these type of matters. if one doesn't know then it is much better to state such rather than mislead. thank you.

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Pretender,

Ants v2x is outdated; period. Thus, whatever configuration we could discuss, the software will not provide you the standard of security basicly needed.

regards.

paul

8. Pretender

that's reassuring! thanks. from what i hear ants 3.0 lite will be coming soon. so whatever. i'm starting to wonder if all of this stuff is paranoid for the average home computer user. anyway. bob

9. Tiger_Barb

Tiger_Barb Registered Member

Hi Bob, you said
    , but I know for a fact (and I'm alittle below your average home computer user) that it only take once. Just like my mother told me when going out on my first date, enjoy yourself dear, but remember don't lift that skirt or your whole life will change in a couple of mintues :'(,. So I will alway have as much protection:cool: as I can......Think about it o_O........Dead computer, lost all my stuff and have to start all over again...stolen passwords, online banking, credit card numbers and the list goes on and on. NO, I'll just run AV/AT/FW and save all that work and problems for someone else......

T Barb

10. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

so did you lift the skirt?

11. Tiger_Barb

Tiger_Barb Registered Member

UNICRON,
    Let's just say that the wind was blowing mighty hard that night and there was no "A" in "AT".  My only kids are 1 Rotty, 1 Doby and 2 cats.......

T Barb

12. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

lol nuff said! We don't wanna get in touble.

So how about that ANTS program anyway? I have never tried it, being a TDS3 guy personally. I sure have heard some interesting things about it though.

13. Higain

Higain Guest

So am I the only one who's not having any luck with Ants?

I have downloaded and installed it twice from the link on this site. Each time, every part of the program seems to install EXCEPT the ants.exe which turns out to be a file of ~2KB. To top it off, when I try to run it I get a message saying it's not a 32bit application and the file turns out to be an HTML file.

What gives?

14. I see an update featue to update the definitions...can't seem to make it work...is it defunct?  does it work?
    where do you update from...

15. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Ants 2.0 is outdated. No new signature files are released anymore.

wizard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.