Phant0m's Ruleset?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by JRCATES, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Now that Phant0m is charging for his ruleset, does anyone know or has anyone heard if this is a one-time charge for a "license" that will entitle purchasers to all future ruleset upgrades free of charge? Or will there be a charge for each and every "new" ruleset that is released?

Thanks

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

You only have to pay if you want the version which sets up the rule-set automatically. Not sure about his upgrade policy though.

The version 6 rule-set is the same AFAIK, but you have to manually set it up (which isn't difficult). If you need help setting it up, let me know.

3. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

How do you set up/install version 6?

4. Defenestration

Copy Phant0m's rule set to the LnS program folder, then follow the instruction in the following thread to set up the rule-set (it's in french, but if you can work out what to do from the screenshots)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=18327

The DNS and DHCP (bootp) rules have to be configured correctly. You will need to determine your ISP's DNS and DHCP servers and then modify those rules accordingly. Failing that, check your logs for blocked DNS querries and create your rule from there.

5. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

If I were you, I would pay for the new version of Phantoms Ruleset.

It wont exactly break the Bank at approx £4-60 Pound Stirling, and being able to install automatically with the click of a mouse, to me is more than worth it.

I have just updated my copy, by the way, at no extra cost.

:) :)

6. JRCATES

Thanks for the replies, and especially all the detailed info you provided, Defenestration ;)

It would still be nice to know if purchasing a license covers all future upgrades. For all we know, rulesets could be relased every 6 months to a year, and if we're expected to pay each and every time a ruleset is released......well, sorry, just can't see justifying that - especially when these were (at one time) FREE!

7. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Why don't you ask Phant0m about upgrade policy? :)

8. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi JRCATES

I’ve released several versions so far since selling, and there has not been re-purchasing required for upgrades.

Defenestration your wrong by the way, the both versions aren’t the same.

JRCATES, this isn’t the appropriate place to be addressing questions regarding Phant0m``s Look ‘n’ Stop Ruleset, if you don’t go through regular channels you may not be answered quickly or at all (regular channels also doesn’t include Wilders Private Messaging).

9. Defenestration

I stand corrected.

I did ask you before about what's changed, but never received a reply. May I ask what's changed apart from the automatic setup installer ?

What extra protection does version 7 offer over version 6 ?

10. JRCATES

Thank you for the reply, Phant0m. I didn't know when you would see this, but I figured and hoped that some LNS user using your ruleset might be able to answer.

Also, I apologize....I THOUGHT that I had asked you in a PM about any "renewal" fees, but that you had failed to answer. I re-read the PM I sent, and I had asked about price only - which was answered - but I failed to ask about any "renewal" fee (which was the purpose of this thread). I will gladly ask any future questions about your ruleset through the appropriate channels.....

Just one thing, though......as for the "proper channels"......would you kindly provide me with exactly what that would be?

11. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.