Connecting Management console to a computer running Agent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cspry, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cspry

cspry Registered Member

I am unable, using Management Console, to connect from the first computer to a second computer running Agent. There is a new installation of the latest version 9.1 of True Image on the first computer. I can install Agent on the second computer from the first computer and it is running there as a service called 'Acronis Remote Agent'. When I try to connect to the second computer from the first, using Managment Console, the second computer is not seen when I ask it to 'browse'. It does not even show the Group that both computers belong to. Entering the name or IP address of the second computer instead of brosing, when I try to connect, causes Management Console to hang and has to be closed with Task Manager. I can ping the second computer and see it on the network with 'net view' from the first. I have disabled all the security on both computers (firewalls and virus checkers) without benefit. No error messages are given during or after the failure, except error "E000807D5: Computer 192.168....not available on the network".

Advice would be appreciated.
    Christopher Spry
    cspry@cspry.co.uk

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know th exact name and the build number of the product which you have used?

Please also describe your network configuration in more details:
    - Is there DHCP running in the network?
    - Are there any routers in the network?

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on both machines (where Acronis Management Console and Acronis Agent are installed).

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Smartboy

Smartboy Registered Member

I have the same problems with a 15-day trial of TI Enterprise 9.1 Build 3.567. Installation of the agent for two clients (one XP Pro box and one W2K box - had no server for testing) worked without problems. I also can see both clients in the management console. But when I try to connect to one of them the Console still do nothing. I tried two different computers for Management Console but got the same problem (also have to kill it with taskmgr).

My network: 192.168.11.x / 255.255.255.0; no DHCP; no router; no firewalls active on clients or Management Console system; can run ping/rdp against the clients from the system with the Management Console without problem.

Any ideas? At the moment the product doesnt look like a good working solution!?

Last question: what about a forumcategory especialy for TI Enterprise?

Regards,

Smartboy

4. Smartboy

Smartboy Registered Member

Hello cspry,

did you get any feedback vom Acronis after sending them the requested information? Can you please send me their answer via PN or here in this thread?
    I have only a few days of my 15-day-trialperiod left and would like to see the complete suite working. At the moment it's only wasting space on hard disk.

Regards

Smartboy

5. Acronis Support

Hello Smartboy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server trial which is available at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/ATIESWin/

If the problem persists with the latest build, please do the following:
    - go to the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit);
    - find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis and grant SYSTEM and your account with Full Control in Permissions;
    - Right click on the key>Permissions>check the box Allow in Full Control;
    - reinstall Acronis True Image;

If that does not help, please create Windows System Information of your both computers as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

I'm afraid that we have only one Acronis True Image Product Line on the Forum at this moment. A forum category for enterprise customers will be probably implemented in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. twb

twb Registered Member

I have the same problem described by Smartboy:
    - Installation of remote agent OK.
    - Management Console (MC) can see the remote computers with the agent installed.
    - When I try to connect, the remote computer name is displayed at the bottom right corner of the MC, but MC doesn't do anything more, it's just sitting there waiting for something. In this state the MC is unresponsive. Must kill the process. Or: If I restart the Acronis Remote Agent at the remote computer, the MC loosens up and seemingly connects, but still doesn't work (but is not unsesponsive any longer).

This is Win2K computers with NOD32 installed. If NOD32 is removed, all is working well. A complete uninstall is required, shutdown of NOD32 is not enough. Reinstallation of NOD32 will bring the problem back.

Is there a solution for this, or can we expect a fix anytime soon?

Using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Trial, build 3718.

7. snjofac

snjofac Registered Member

Same problem here.

win 2003 R2 + NOD32 - Managment console hung-up when try connect to remote comp.

8. efreedus

efreedus Registered Member

I had two workstations, one of which was seen from the Management console and one which was not. If I then entered the name of the 'not', it gave me an "E000807D5" error. But the name then appeared in the list of 'browsed' computers AS THOUGH it was being seen, but still wouldn't connect. From this I concluded that it is NOT really browsing for workstations.

I then entered the NAT IP address of the 'not' machine 192.168. etc etc and it connected. So I concluded that there was some problem with the DNS on the server.

I then compared the IP settings between the two workstations and found that the good one specified an IP address and listed the Server's IP address amongst the DNS servers (the others were my cable company's). Whereas the 'not' was obtaining an IP address and DNS server addresses automatically.

The backup is still running so I can't test, but try to include your Server's IP address in the list of DNS server's in the properties of the TCP/IP on your NIC.

9. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Howdy,

I was having very similar problems to the OP...

I received a suggestion from Tech Support that solved the problem:

"To resolve the problem you should remove the ag_fconnect.dll file from the remote machine where Acronis True Image Agent is installed.

The ag_fconnect.dll file should be removed from the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent

Note also if there is Acronis Backup Server or Acronis Group Server installed on the same machine with the problematic Acronis True Image Agent, than the described solution will prevent them from proper functioning.

It is better not to delete the ag_fconnect.dll file, but to move to a different location (i.e different folder)."

I hope that this information is of use...

All the best,

Kenneth

10. JLoftus

JLoftus Registered Member

This hack, er um, solution worked for me, thanks!

11. twb

twb Registered Member

This worked for me, too! :) I moved the ag_fconnect.dll to a subfolder, and can now connect to computers running NOD32.

Thanks KennethS for sharing this information! :thumb:

The solution step by step:
    1. Stop the Acronis Remote Agent service
    2. Delete, rename or move C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\ag_fconnect.dll
    3. Restart the service

12. mbaas

mbaas Registered Member

Just a quick "Me too"!

Thanks guys - you've probably rescued the deal for Acronis! ;)

13. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Hello guys !!!

I´m trying ATI 9.1 Enterprise Server, and i face up with those problem trying to connect a Agent machine with a Console machine.

In our case, we have a mix of workstation, some XP other win2k. We also host NOD32 as our AV system.

Trying to rename ag_fconnet.dll works fine for XP machines, but nothing happens to win2k machines.

So the workaround is for XP workstations.

I´m wondering what does that file we need to rename. If no usefull why they don´t remove from package?

Beside those, i think it´s a great tool !

cmf.

14. Acronis Support

Hello cmf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all components.

Please also try adding to file on the machine where Acronis Management Console is installed C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts a string "IP_machine Domainname Name", placing corresponding values for the machine with Acronis Remote Agent.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information on the machine where Acronis Remote Agent is installed, as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

15. carsonsui

carsonsui Registered Member

Hello Experts,
    I have similar problem. Last week I downloaded the ATI enterprise server trial version 9.1(build 3854), and I intalled it on my MS windows server 2003 SP1 box(include management console and agent for windows).On the ohter hand, I also installed the agent for Linux on my linux box(RedHat AS4 update4).On my first time connected to the Linux client and it worked well. I submitted a backup job and it finished without error. When I wanted to test restoration functionality, I can't connect to the Linux client any more. If I attempted to connect to the Linux client, the management console hung. I tried a lot of times, and I got the same result.Does any one have ideas?

Best Regards,
    Carson Sui

16. Acronis Support

Hello carsonsui,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please make sure the Acronis Remote Agent is started on the remote computer using the following command?

#/etc/init.d/acronis_trueimage_agent status

If it is not, start the Acronis Remote Agent and try to connect to the computer once again.

If the issue persists, please let us know if it is possible to get SSH access to Linux computer using root account?

In addition, please collect the Linux System Report the way described in this previous post. Then submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Anton Sherkhonov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.