GhostWall GUI crashes due to WINMM.DLL

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by samme, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samme

samme Registered Member

Hi

I've just installed GhostWall and it seems like a really nice tool. Problem is the gui crashes and states it's due to the fact it can't find WINMM.DLL. It also suggests that a reinstall might help.

The msg box says

"GhostWall v 1.150 - http://www.ghostsecurity.com: ghostwall.exe - Unable To Locate Component"

"This application has failed to start because WINMM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

The crash occurs when i double click the icon in my systray. The program window pops up and looks ok but this popup pops up in front of it.

The crash is kinda annoying since when I click OK in the msg box a new one pops up instantly so i have to kill the app via the taskmanager to be able to close it.

I have tried re-installing the app but it doesn't help. Also i have checked that I have a winmm.dll in my c:\windows\system32. I also tried copying that file to the dir I installed GhostWall to but it doesn't help.

I'm running XP64 with all MS updates.

The crashes does not always occure. Sometims the gui works fine but once it crashed the first time i have to reboot to get it to work again.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated since it's a really nice program. Also if I should mail this to some bugreport address please tell me.

thnx

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

What I have done in the past is email Jason at support@ghostsecurity.com, giving a grief description of the problem and include the link to your OP above.

3. adam87

adam87 Registered Member

Im having the same problem. Anyone know where we can get that file and what folder to put it in?

4. norrisg

norrisg Registered Member

This file is in \windows\system32, and on x64 a different version of it is in \windows\syswow64. I suspect the latter is the one Ghostwall would need as it is a 32-bit program. (Yes, the 32-bit DLLs really are in syswow64, and the 64-bit ones in system32.)

Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.