Build 2337 and Nvidia nForce4 RAID 5

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Allen42, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen42

Allen42 Registered Member

I bought a new system, and True Image was recommended to me.

Works like a champ. I love the lower overhead it requires, but I miss some of the automation features of Ghost. (Like keeping only the last nn backups, starting a new baseline every nn days, etc.)

However, the main issue is that the boot image created with build 2337 still cannot see my RAID 5 SATA array running directly off of my Abit KN8 SLI nForce4 motherboard (3 drives... Maxtor 300Gb).

There has to be a way to slipstream the Nvidia Raid drivers into the boot image.

Help!

P.S. I'm heading to sunny mexico for a few days, so please don't think me rude if I do not respond promptly to inquiries.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Allen42,

You can try Mustang's TI 9 plugin in conjunction with Reatogo's XPE BartPE builder (I found Reatogo+XPE more friendly than the normal Nu2Shell PE builder). Have a read of this previous thread titled <TI 9 plugin for BartPE is available>, which includes all the necessary links. Mustang has included a good helpfile in his plugin download and the Reatogo web site contains excellent illustrated instructions for the XPE BartPE builder.

Regards

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I second Menorcaman's recommendation. Mustang's plugin with Reatgo worked well for my recent bout woth hard drive issues.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Allen42,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I can understand, the main issue is that your RAID 5 array based on an onboard SATA RAID controller is not recognized correctly when the computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If that's the case then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

If my assumption is not correct and the issue is different for that I have described above then please describe it in more detail.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.