Acronis TrueImage 9.1 - new announce

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by It'sme, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It'sme

It'sme Registered Member

Just saw this announcement on the Acronis Homepage. It looks like it's only for the corporate products not the home user version :(

Anybody have an update on this?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, It'sme

Thats most probably because the Corporate Version was [still is on the update site page as of this moment in time] 8.0, also the Linux Versions are 8.0.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello It'sme and TheQuest,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that at the moment only the corporate products are updated to the version 9.1. However, in the nearest future a product called Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will be released as well. The most important thing here is that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will not be released as a new version, though it will be based on the new "engine", but as a new build. In other words, there will be no need to purchase an upgrade as every registered user of Acronis True Image 9.0 will be able to download the new build (in fact the new version) in the Product Updates section of his\her account at our web site for free.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

What will be the FUNCTIONAL differences between TI 9.0.2337 anf TI 9.0 Home?

The downloadable user's guide at the Acronis site has alrady been labelled "Home" for a while.

5. como

como Registered Member

Is this any use http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

6. Howard Kaikow

7. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Um, does this make anyone else nervous? How new is "new"? Are we in for another round of bugs and fixes and more bugs?

8. Acronis Support

Hello Howard and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that we are not eligible to provide you with any information concerning the new features and functionality improvements implemented in new Home version of Acronis True Image 9.0 until it is released.

Please also note that as soon as Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will be released all information concerning this product including User's Guide and Features list will be immediately updated on our web site according to the changes that were made.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. Howard Kaikow

The TI Home user Guide has been available at the Acronis web site since at least 27 Feb 2006 (when I downloaded the critter).

Did not notice any new functionality in my quick perusal of the Home user guide.

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Wait a minute. TI 9.0 Home is offered for sale now yet the features can't be revealed? That can't be right.

TI 9.0 Home sells for less than TI 9.1 Workstation.

How either compares to each other and to the current 9.0 is surely of interest to some customers.

The web site does a partial list of features of the corporate products listed for comparison purposes, but not all the features and it doesn't include the "Home" version.

What giveso_O??

Maybe one of the forum users will list the features of each

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Several off-topic posts removed.

12. Acronis Support

Hello Howard and shieber,

I'm sorry for not being accurate enough in my explanation. The point is that the name of the product has already been changed from Acronis True Image 9.0 to Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. However, the new version is not actually released yet. As I mentioned above it will be released in the nearest future (most likely in a few weeks) and will have several new features. The new version will be available as a free update (new build) for every registered user of Acronis True Image 9.0, so there will be no need to purchase any upgrades.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

13. Howard Kaikow

The user guide for home was available, at least, on 27 Feb 2006.
    Not sure whether the critter is still available, having trouble getting to the Acroniis web site.

14. shieber

It's listed on the website and presented as something you can put in your cart and pay for as an instant download:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Interesting that the "newer" version than TI 9.0 will supposedly have the same version number although a version labeled Home version 9.0 is on sale now.

And yes, the web site seems backed up (no pun intended) today.

15. Howard Kaikow

There was no fee for downloading the user guide.

Still cannot get to the web site.
    Imagine how bad it's going to be when umpteen folkes try to download the free upgrade to the Home version.

16. como

como Registered Member

I suspect True Image has been rebranded as 9.0 Home, and that the product on the Acronis website is TI 9 that has been available for sometime

The Workstation version listed as New version 9.1, it appears to be for IT professionals rather than home users, interestingly it states Windows 64 bit support, I wonder if this will be included in the new Home 9.1 version

17. chirpy

chirpy Registered Member

This is something I would also like to know. If the Home version isn't to include x64 support, will we at least be offered an upgrade?

18. DeLorean

DeLorean Registered Member

Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation has the option
    to mount an image in read-only mode or in read/write mode.
    I think that Ti9 Home gets also this advantage, so there will
    be a big difference between the older versions and the new one.

Greetz
    DeLorean

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  19. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Chirpy

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis forums.

Read Posts #3 and #12 above. :eek:

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

20. Howard Kaikow

21. Howard Kaikow

Just logged into Acronis web site.

I am listed as having "Acronis True Image 9.0 Home" and that build 2337 is the latest build.

If Acronis True Image 9.0 Home does not yet exist, then that is rather confusing.

22. shieber

Supposedly the new Home version will have a new engine (compared to TI 9.0 build 2337) but will be called version 9.0 That's the whacky part.

So what I think the deal is:

They rebranded TI as TI Home, the current version is 9.0 build 2337 and is offered for sale now. But they are going to update to same basic engine as in Corporate 9.1 and call it a new build of TI Home 9.0 and "updating" to the new build will be free..

sh

23. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

So is that a good thing?

24. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Ahhhh ... the "thought processes" of those marketing types!!! Always trying to confuse the consumer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

25. Howard Kaikow

Yes, if they do things correctly, i.e. using a single software development base for both products.

No, if they do not properly test before release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.