Invalid thread, login problem ?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by f3x, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f3x

f3x Registered Member

When spending very long time writing post, I sometime get logged out.
    When i press submit button, I have to login again then the post submit.
    At that point of time I see a warning about "invalid thread, pls contact administrator". The good news is that everythings else work, the post is where it should be, etc. I beleive there should not be any warning as everything worked fine. It's only a small cosmetic "bug" (feature ?) but as it say to contact administrator i have posted here.

have a nice day.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You should never actually "be logged off" unless you aren't storing and passing cookies successfully to the forum. "Sessions" here do timeout after 15 minutes of inactivity, but if you have your login credentials stored in a cookie (and allowed to pass back to the forum), then the next click you make should automatically log you back in without you having to manually enter your member name and password again. Browser settings with regards to storing and passing cookies can cause blocking of cookies, as can various privacy, filtering and proxying tools. See these references about this type of problem:

Confused: Log on issue

FAQ: No permission error - can't stay logged in!

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

One suggestion, if you're doing an unusually large posting, is to compose it with Notepad (or whatever) before coming here. Then you can simply copy-and-paste in no time at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.