TI 9.2337: Backing up network drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Can TI 9 backup network drives?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 9.0 can back up individual files and folders of the network drive.

Please find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you want to back up partitions/entire hard drives remotely, we recommend you to use Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Howard Kaikow

Thanx, I'll give it a try.

4. Howard Kaikow

OK, just ran first File backup over network.
    Appeared to work, but some of the messages in the log confuse me.
    Don't know to copy/paste the log entries, so I'm entering the XML below.

The code 503 messages can be ignored, as TI was analyzing the local drives, I know not why as they are not included in the backup job.

The code 0 messages, with ids 19-23, seem spurious. Setting up the job, I informed TI that it would not be necessary to log in. Te drives are networked and listed in My Computer, so I do not understand why these messages appear.

The code 0 messages, with ids 24-28 seem to ignore the fact that all the drives are networked, wit drive letters assigned and visible in My Computer.

Finally, codes 1008 and 6 seem to indicate that the deed was done, but the other messages make me feel uncomfortable.

What does all mean?

5. Acronis Support

Hello Howard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that confusing messages can appear in the log file when you back up files and folders on the network shared drive. These confusing messages do not refer to real errors and you can safely ignore them.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. Howard Kaikow

Most folkes do not bother to even look at the log file, but I would recommend that Acronis document this is a KB artice, or whatever.

Seeing such messages in the log is quite disconcerting.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Howard,

Thank you for the suggestion. We have forwarded it to the appropriate person. Probably we will add such an article in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

8. Howard Kaikow

Since Acronis seems to like formal submittals, herewith doth I submitteth one such critter.

I, the party of the first part, hereby request that YOU, the party of the second part, for the benefit of ALL, including YOU and OTHER USERS, the party of the third part, do hereby suggest that the Acronis web site is quite lacking in support information,

To remedy this situation, the party of the first recommends to the party of the second part that:

1. A knowledge base ("KB") be added to answer commonly asked questions. THis would facitate all interested parties finding answersw to s

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  9. Howard Kaikow

Since Acronis seems to like formal submittals, herewith doth I submitteth one such critter.

I, the party of the first part, hereby request that YOU, the party of the second part, for the benefit of ALL, including OTHER USERS, the party of the third part, do hereby suggest that the Acronis web site is quite lacking in support information,

To remedy this situation, the party of the first part recommends to the party of the second part that:

1. A knowledge base ("KB") be added to answer commonly asked questions.

2. A GOOD search engine be added to facilitate searching the KB.

And WE (Me, Myself and I) believe that time is of the essence to begin to fulfill the request herein.

10. Acronis Support

Hello Howard,

Please be aware that we do plan to create a public Knowledge Base with a good search engine in the nearest future. However, the exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.