Kerio fwdrw.sys cause BSOD 0x000000D1

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Durad, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Problem with Kerio firewall.

Few times per days I have error message (Blue screen of death) where is says that fwdrw.sys cause the problem.

Anybody got this problem?

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Which version of Kerio? 2.1.5 or 4.2.3?

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

The fwdrw.sys problem in not new to v2.x and I have seen some posts that users of 4.x also experience it. The dilemma being not everyone does and that there is no real solution if you are one of those getting these errors. You may need to move on to something that is stable your particular setup.

Regards,

CrazyM

4. dlhan

dlhan Registered Member

This never caused the BSOD but it was causing some problems on my system. You might give this a try. Go to Hkey_Local_Machine\System\ControlSet001\Services\fwdrv\ Find the Dword value: MaxBufferSize and increase the decimal size to at LEAST 30546. This is for Windows XP. Always backup your registry before making any changes.

5. dread

dread Registered Member

Do you have any defrag software installed? That happened to me once and it was because I had perfectdisk or diskeeper installed. Fount it by doing a google search and uninstalled the defrag software and the problem went away. Not saying that is the cure for you, but that was the fix for me. It might be something different for you.

6. moonforest

moonforest Registered Member

I've encountered the unexpected problem. Blue screen with *.sys of kerio 2.1.
    :mad: when i use VMware . VMware is incompactable with kerio (May be some certain setting)

7. rac1234

rac1234 Registered Member

Durad,

You're not the only one experiencing this problem with Kerio Personal Firewall. I am using version 4.2.3 under XP Pro and find that if I take too long creating an "advanced" rule (i.e. a packet filter rule) for an application's outgoing access, or if I am given several prompts for an application and set up an advanced rule in response to each, then I get a BSOD. This is very frustrating and the only real complaint I have about the Kerio firewall, though it is a serious problem as it renders the system unstable.

I emailed Sunbelt about this a few weeks ago and got a response acknowledging that they are aware of the problem and that the BSOD typically occurs when you hit either "permit" or "deny" three or four times in a row for the same application. They said that they were working on it as a top priority but couldn't say when a fix would be available. I have read elsewhere (http://alobar.livejournal.com/) that Sunbelt aim to deliver a fix by the end of March 2006.

I hope they can make it stable because I really like the product otherwise - it offers an excellent package of features, strong performance in leak tests and a usable interface. But the BSOD issue is not something I could live with in the long term. That said, I don't see an obviously superior alternative since ZoneAlarm and Outpost are said to be causing BSODs on other people's systems. Finding a firewall that works on your own machine seems to be a matter of trial and error at the moment.

Regards,
    rac1234

8. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Mine was also 4.xxx

I uninstalled it right away.
    Will wait untill Eset comes up with their firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.