ati catalyst control center crash since i've installed nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kiky82, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

Hi,

since i've installed nod32 ati catalyst control center (the ati drivers's control panel - cli.exe) crashes continuously. I try some versions of ati driver but nothing changes. i'm running nod32 2.50.32 in italian.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try installing the version without the control centre. I use 5.11

3. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

Using 5.12s with the CC, no problems. Sorry :(

4. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

the problem it's only with the catalyst control center, but i need it! i can't install the control panel with the last drivers (that i need for better gaming performance...).

:'(

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Do you have the latest .NET? Or at least updates? Try reinstalling .NET.
    (From Microsoft)

I run ATI Radeons on a couple of my rigs, including my main gaming rig that I'm typing from right now. I'm running the latest ATI Cats also, with control center. Runs just fine.

6. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

The Control Center isn't nearly as bloated as it used to be imo, but you can download a "display driver only" set for the latest drivers and then put something like Ati Tray Tools to emulate the control panel.

7. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I am running 2.50.25 in English, and no problems with the ATI CCC here. At least, none that are due to NOD32.

However, I do have problems with the ATI CCC on some of the screens. For example, on the Displays Manager, I keep getting some sort of "Continue or Close" error. However, this is definitely an ATI bug, because it happens even when NOD32 is not installed.

You say that this has happened since you installed NOD32. Does this mean that CCC was working OK before?

8. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

yes, before i have kaspersky antivirus and the mobile catalyts 6.1 with ccc works fine. now with nod32 i've the same problemes you tell.

9. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

:p ;) :) :D :D :cool:

10. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

i try to intall ati ccc + nod32 2.5 to new, clean, installation of winxp sp2 and the problem in still the same: with nod32 installad it's impossible to use the ati catalyst control center, because each time i open ccc it crash! without nod32 antivirus the ccc works fine!

i used *mobility* catalyst (i've an x700 on my notebook), i don't know if the problem is with the non-mobility version too...

11. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

now i've installed latest omega driver with ati control panel and i've no more problems. ;)

12. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Did you try getting all the .NET updates?

13. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

yes, i've .net 2.0 installed.

14. alglove

That is not the same thing as having .NET 1.1 installed. There are numerous programs (even from Microsoft) that will not work properly because they are require .NET 1.1 specifically. .NET 2.0 may be installed on the same computer side-by-side with .NET 1.1, but these programs will still use the .NET 1.1 libraries. Here are some examples:

SharePoint Portal Server 2003 must use ASP.NET 1.1
    BizTalk Server 2004 requires the .NET Framework 1.1

One would think that .NET 2.0 is backward-compatible with .NET 1.1, but it is not. :rolleyes:

15. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I made the same misstake, thinking .Net 2.0 was better than .Net 1.1. But I found out that the programs and things are designed for .Net 1.1 or .Net 2.0 specifically.

16. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

ok, but the latest catalyst control center works great with .NET 2.0... that i need to run nhc (notebook hardware control).

17. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Glad to hear it - and it's not the first time that I've heard of issues being solved by using their drivers. Might be a tip for some others. Got a link to the page you downloaded from - if it's allowed?

18. kiky82

kiky82 Registered Member

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ with the omega relase i don't have problem with control center... because it doesn't exist. omega drivers use the "old" control panel.

however i think that, in this case, the problem is caused by nod32 and not from ati catalyst...
    or it's caused from the combination of this 2 programs!

19. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I got nothing but good things to say about the Omega drivers.
    Has worked since day 1 when I started using them about 3 years ago.

Now I'm currently on the nvidia wagon, but that may change :)

20. Asmodis

Asmodis Registered Member

hi kiky82 i have the same problem...can you pls help me somehowo_O I rather don't want to instal omega drivers.I'm using ccc v. 06.10, NOD 32 and have .NET 2.0...and still same problem pls help...thanks. Sorry for english i'm from slovakia.

21. alglove

Try disabling IMON and see if that makes a difference. The CLI.exe file from the CCC actually uses TCP/IP to communicate with itself on the computer. It could be that IMON is interfering with this.

If disabling IMON works, then you may want to create an IMON Exclusion for CLI.exe . Go to IMON --> Setup --> Miscellaneous --> Exclusion --> Edit. Hit the Add... button and add C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe to the list, then hit OK. This will tell IMON to stop scanning the CLI.exe file.

Once you have done this, go ahead and restart IMON. Let us know if that helps.

22. Ars

Ars Registered Member

Thanks for this wonderful advice!!!!
    Even if I say it in 2007;)

23. ablatt

ablatt Registered Member

24. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Doesn't surprise me....a similar issue has happened in the past with ATI's DX8 cards and NOD32. After a long time of not having any results, finally ATI fixed it in their drivers. This seems similar. In the past, the issue was limited to Radeon 8xxx and 9100/9200 series. This time also, it may be limited to a particular family of Radeon cards. Which Radeon cards are the affected users running?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.