ATI 9.0.2337 not doing the job

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dld, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dld

dld Registered Member

I am presently using TI 9.0.2337. On Jan 19 2006 I ran into trouble in restoring an image.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=116483

Today I again had to restore an image. Again TI is showing a time of 2 hours for a process that should take 15 minutes at most. To me this is not acceptable. I want a refund on TI 9.0.2337. I intend to uninstall this version of TI and go back to TI 8.0.937. Would you please indicate the procedure to follow to get my refund.

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I just ordered TI today, so I've not enough experience yet, but GHost 10 does the same thing

In the early stages pf a backup/recovery, the estimates are way off.
    It is th actual time taken that matters, not the hopelessly inaccurate estimate.

Retrospect also oft gives useless extimates.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dld,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you try to restore an image within Windows or in rescue mode?

Please boot your computer from the bootable rescue media created with the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0, try to restore the image in rescue mode and see whether the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please tell us what the size of your image is? Where do you store your image?

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for the refund, you can find our Refund Policy at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/retail/refund/

If you have purchase Acronis True Image 9.0 at our online store you should contact our Support Team and provide them with the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, etc.).

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. dld

dld Registered Member

Hello Tatyana...

I've isolated the problem to the recovery disks versions 2323 and 2337. Three times during the night I tried restoring an image of data 12.7 GB in size created with TI 9.0.2337 on a slave drive located on this computer, twice with recovery disk 2323 and once with freshly burned recovery disk 2337. Each time it took 2 hours. I waited out the full 6 hours. I've learned my lesson from Jan 19. Cancelling a restoration can lead to unpleasant results. This morning I tried restoring the same image using recovery disk 8.0.937. It took 9 minutes.

Unless Acronis can come up with a solution to this problem, I'm giving up on TI 9.0.2337 and going back to TI 8.0.937.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dld,

We are really sorry that you are displeased with the work of Acronis software.

First of all, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then I'm afraid that at the moment we cannot provide you with a solution as this issue requires a deeper investigation.

If you want us to proceed with the investigation of this issue then please do as Tatyana has suggested and provide us with Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt). Please create Linux system information for both Bootable Rescue CD created using build 2337 of Acronis True Image 9.0 and Bootable Rescue CD created using build 937 of Acronis True Image 8.0. Rename the files created to sysinfo_2337.txt and sysinfo_937.txt accordingly. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Please note that when booting from Bootable Rescue CD created using build 937 of Acronis True Image 8.0 you should press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Bootable Rescue CD created using Acronis True Image 8.0 does not have a selection screen).

Please also note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Just a question: is the backup on a USB-Drive..? I once had the problem that the RecoveryDisk of Acronis 9 used only USB 1.1 (on a USB 2.0 Port) and after booting with Acronis 8 i had the full USB 2.0 speed.

To make shure i booted once again with Acronis 9 and again only USB 1.1. Till now i thought it was the problem of the mainboard (it played smoking gun a little later ;-))

Greetings

Volker

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi dld,

Looks very much as if the Linux device drivers on the TI 9.0 Linux based rescue CD aren't fully compatible with your motherboard's hard drive controller chipset. It's not unknown for the "better harware support" in newer TI versions/builds to cause a problem for certain hardware combinations.

If the acpi=off noapic switch doen't do the trick then hopefully the additional info requested by Alexey will enable the Acronis Development Team to identify the exact nature of the problem.

Regards

8. dld

dld Registered Member

As indicated, the backup is on a slave drive on the same computer (as opposed to a slave drive on LAN).

Menorcaman: The computer was received from Dell on 11/15/2002.

Alexey: I'm willing to do further testing in order to get this latest version of TI downward compatible with roughly four-year old computers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.