Proxy Server

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ATLAS, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATLAS

ATLAS Registered Member

Hello! I'm really sorry for asking this somewhat hard-headed question, but I've been searching for days now and I can't seem to find any accurate info...

I just want to know, is a Proxy Server really necessary? And if so, do you have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

2. Necessary for what? Proxies serve their purpose, but the purpose is fairly narrow. What are you wanting to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2006
  3. ATLAS

ATLAS Registered Member

Well mostly for security and privacy, such as keeping my IP adress and geographical information invisible. Also recently visited pages etc...

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Proxy servers are a funny thing. They do help isolate you from the site that you are browsing, but do you trust the operator of the proxy server? Therefore the key is to find a proxy server that you can trust.

Do you need them for daily use? No. You need them for when you want to be as anonymous as possible.

Your ISP may have a proxy server that you can use. Mine does, but I do not use it. Try asking your ISP if they have one.

5. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Agreed ! Please note that proxies WILL slow your browsing speed as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.