is "Advanced WindowsCare" worth a try

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hadi, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

repair and fix windows with 1-click
    http://www.iobit.com/WindowsCare.htm

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Not for me. Reminds me of Norton or similar all in ones. :gack:

3. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

I was sceptical when I first saw that product. However, I installed it and tried it and it does really seem to tune the system without breaking anything important. It's been on this PC for a couple of months and everything appears to still be working, so it can't be too evil. It can even revert your Windows settings back to how they were when it was first installed, so it has to be worth trying to see if you like it or not. If not, you should be able to do a roll-back as you uninstall it and effectively do a "mini-system restore" back to before it was installed.

This PC is running very nicely and I also tried it on an old laptop which certainly started to run more quickly after tuning and optimisation. Considering it's free, what more could one ask for? ;)

4. hadi

hadi Guest

Any one else tried this prog. Please

Hi trickyricky
    can you please elaborate on "running very nicely " and "run more quickly after tuning and optimisation". I have been asked about this program but I haven't got aclue.
    Thanks

5. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Running very nicely as in stable and fast, with no unexpected crashes and no slow-downs at all. The same goes for running more quickly after tuning and optimisation - Windows starts up quicker and is genuinely more responsive, opening applications faster, rendering web pages more quickly and so on.

Give it a whirl on your PC and see how it goes - as I said, you can easily reverse out of it if it causes any problems.

6. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Does look interesting - installed it but not run yet.

Think I'll trace the registry to find out what the actual fixes are when I apply maybe tomorow

7. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

How would this compare to Tune Up Utilities anyway ? Seems that each does not agree with what certain things should be changed to . Interesting .

8. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

Has anybody used the latest version of this (v.2)?
    Looks interesting.

9. True Orient

True Orient Registered Member

I tried version 1.8 and now I have AWC v2 Personal... However, it resets some services settings like auto update to Windows default. But its good... I think it's worth it and you can't beat the price. $0.00!

10. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I think this software is a nightmare for every Windows tweaker, but I might be wrong. My assumption is that it resets every tweaking to its default value, just like it was after the original installation of Windows. :)

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I've had a change of mind. My original reply was ~9 months ago. I think I thought at the time this was about an M$ product similarly named.

I use & like this program. But I deselect the System Analysis option. I think that option does as ErikAlbert says. Resets to default. So I use 6/7 options.

12. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

I used this early on without really looking into it: messed my set-up around a lot.
    Had to do a restore rather than reclaim my box's settings. PMO/PITA at that time. Never been back.

13. ErikAlbert

I don't think you really need this tool, if you are well armed to recover your system partition.

14. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I have not tried this app yet, but I did use its sibling; IntelliHyperSpeed 2005 for some time. What IHS can do is to optimize system fully while AWC personal and Pro can perform more. The major difference between personal and pro is the extent of system optimization (partial vs complete). While IHS was in use, with a click, it seemed do the trick, machine seemed getting a in-time jolt, smarter and quicker. But one thing worried me then was that it never tells you the secrets behind this. How did it do it I did not know, just click click and click. How well do you trust this type of one-click does all application is everyone's guess.

15. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

We love and trust MS to look after us :gack:

16. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

LOL always keeping me :D :D :D LongBoard :thumb:

17. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i tried this program a while back, but i wasnt sure what changes or "tweaks" it applies, so i got rid of it.

i use ccleaner to clean my disk and registry, and Ace Logix's Tweak N Tune for changing various Windows settings.

18. ErikAlbert

I wonder what will happen, when you run this software on a very streamlined Windows. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.