Spyware terminator is it good ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Murtadh, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murtadh

Murtadh Guest

Hi

I have in my PC now SpywareBlaster, it's good but I think SpywareBlaster gust prevent spyware. So I searched for free programs do a realtime scan and scan for the system to delete or quarantine the spyware .. I found tow antispyware : the first one is Spyware terminator and the other one is Arovax AntiSpyware .

I tried Arovax AntiSpyware it's good but I couldn't do the update for it . so I will try the Spyware terminator but before I install it in my PC I want to know few thing :
    1- is Spyware terminator good ?
    2- I heard that this program is a spyware it self, is that's true ?
    3- is their any other antispyware free and good that I can use ?

Murtadh

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

4. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

No, it isn't spyware but like I said previously in my review to crawler: having a connection with a known spyware distributor doesn't put trust in its app. :doubt:
    For me what counts is that it's listed on the rogue's page, so my advice is to only use the trusted ones. :)

6. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Use the trusted ones. ;)

7. I don't get it.

Why say that and then list Spycatcher under the header "Trustworthy Anti-Spyware Products" ? It's listed just below Spybot S&D for Pete sakes!

Is it trustworthy or not?

8. I'm confused

9. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

If it's not listed as a rogue, you may use it.
    I'm however not sure if it will have the same detection rate as SpyBot, Ad-Aware and the paid ones. ;)
    Sorry, didn't look there. :oops:

10. I know it's not rogue.

What i need to know is if Spyware catcher is 'approved' in the same way spybot is. From the page it looks like it is. What do you think?

11. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

If it's listed there by Eric L. Howes, it's definitely approved. :D

12. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

Eldar: Are you sure they (Crawler.com) have a connection with a spyware distributor? Maybe they've had one in the past but since then have gotten rid of it.

13. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Do you know? I sure don't, so that's why I take my info from the rogues page. :rolleyes:
    IMO If they cleaned up their act, I wish him well but it would be a long time before I could trust someone's app, who had a connection with a spyware distributor.
    My motto: Use the trusted ones as mentioned on that list. ;)

14. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

So, anyone that actually tried it want to post their experiences?

15. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I give up.
    Already tried it, see my first review at FileForum. ;)

16. If you check http://www.crawler.com/news.aspx?id=1380 you'll find information about Crawler - I work for that company and all I can tell is that in my opinion Spyware Terminator is a top level antispyware application. It's realtime shield uses Windows Driver technology - similar to antivirus apps - not very common even in paid realtime shields in antispyware apps.

Based on testemonials of our users I can just say that the application works great and if you are in trouble it can really help you.

I know that the app is listed on Eric's list - that listing is based just on Crawler relation to Ibis, nothing else. We're talking with Eric and I believe the app will be removed soon so as your comments are often based just on his list, I hope that you'll reconsider the app once it is delisted.

17. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Dusan Senkypl,
    Sorry, but even my experience with de-listed AS is bad.
    I gave the de-listed XoftSpy a second chance and it reported the language indicator of win2000pro in the system tray as a threat during the very first scan.
    An AS that makes such a big mistake isn't worth my time. Once a thief, always a thief.
    Even when Spyware Terminator is clean, those who know aren't willing to use it right away.
    That's the price a company has to pay for its bad reputation or its bad connections.
    Aluria softwares are also on my blacklist for its deal with WhenU.
    You have to DESERVE the trust of users and it's hard to get them back once you lose that trust.

18. Erik, Spyware Terminator had never an issue. The application is in my opinion very good since the beginning and already helped many users. Every user may of course decide whether they want to use it or not - all I'm saying this that people who are criticizing it just because of listing on Eric's list will find some other reason - just to be fair. If these people still don't like background, it is up to them and they have full right to have this opinion. On the other end company behind it made tremendous changes in last year and completelly updated products and got rid of all not trustworthy partners - I can see it from inside so I have huge trust in this process but all antivirus companies and antispyware companies we talk with like this process and they consider our products clean and valuable.

19. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Has anyone heard of Spyware Terminatoro_O

I saw this at download.com. i'll give the link to the site. Can anyone tell me if this is ok to download or use or is it a fake spyware scanner?

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

20. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Re: Has anyone heard of Spyware Terminatoro_O

Well, I would hope that the fact that it's carried for download on CNET's download.com speaks somewhat to it's credibility but that's no guarantee. I've never tried it nor do I know anything about it's performance/effectiveness. I just wanted to make that one observation, FWIW.

21. cheater87

should i download it and try it outo_O

22. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

If you're not sure yourself, I wouldn't do it just based on what I said. Wait until some other folks comment and see what they say. Sorry I don't have a more definite answer for you.

23. cheater87

the reviews on the site and download.com look good

24. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

See also previous topic. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.