NOD32 enterprise edition comparison

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dozorca, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dozorca

dozorca Registered Member

Hello,

Does any one know where I can find a comparison of NOD32 enterprise vs others?

Thanks,

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I don't know of a resource with that, but if you find one, please post the URL - here is my short and sweet evaluation of the NOD32 enterprise, and I only have experience of symantec's enterprise offering...

NOD32 enterprise is cheaper entry level - less ram requirements - more useful reporting - easier to setup remote admin - flexible local mirror setup options...

I know that several other enterprise solutions are cheaper, especially at fairly low numbers of licenses than NOD32 enterprise, but overall, I wouldn't pay less for anything else... not now..

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    My main business is supporting SMB (Small to Medium Buisnesses) networks, as a consultant.

Been doing it a long time, been through a lot of other enterprise solutions. My main antivirus for the longest time was Symantec Corporate Edition, since..oh, I think version 5. Slowed down and beginning switching many clients over to NOD32 once Symantec CE 9.0 came out...and once their horrid version 10 came out...it's all NOD32.

Also been through AVG, McGufee/Orchestrator, :rolleyes: and various older CA solutions in the InnocuLAN days. But Symantec was my prior favorite, up until NOD32.

My opinion? The documentation is more sparse than others, the install routine has a few more steps, the learning curve of the management console is not as intuitive as say..Symantecs CE. But...once you get the hang of it...it's VERY robust, I love it. Not to mention, the AV product itself is fantastic, and light.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

One of the great things with NOD32 Enterprise that isn't found everywhere is the server replication abilities. From my own NOD32 Remote Administrator Console I can see what is happening with NOD32 on all of my enterprise clients networks in real time - their NOD32 enterprise servers upload to mine so if there's a problem I can usually know about it even before they do. :)

Definately agree with webyourbusiness and YeOldStonecat as far as ease of deployment and high efficiency/low resource usage requirements. It's VERY fast, VERY light and VERY configurable.

HTH :)

5. gerrya

gerrya Registered Member

My 2 cents- Initial configuration takes a little time to get used to, but once your over that your done. Admin console very nice and informative. Alerts work well and fast. Used to use SAV 7,8,9 and almost 10. Ran some trials with SAV10. What a piece of crap! Switched to NOD in October and never looked back!:thumb:

-Gerry

6. sash11

sash11 Registered Member

I need help configuring Firewall for RAS replication. What ports should be opened for downlevel servers to replication with the main server? I have tried TCP/UDP 2223 and TCP 2222 as well as TCP/UDP 2846. But the replication did not take place. I've allowed all traffic in all directions on the firewall and the upper server got replication info from the downlevel server. But I cannot afford to leave all ports opened just for the sake of RAS servers....
    Please helpo_O

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Please note that you must allow the downlevel server in the upper server replication config.
    As far as I am able to tell in testing, you must allow it by it's server name EXACTLY as you entered it during RAServer setup.
    Please somebody correct my statement if it is wrong. :)

8. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

Currently evaluating NOD32 Enterprise and Exchange. The biggest 'problem' I currently have is solid documentation and best practices for different Windows server types. I now rely on this forum, the Microsoft Antivirus Defense-in-Depth Guide and it's references to Knowledge Base articles for best practices. I'll eventually work my way around, but a lot should have been included in the NOD32 documentation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.