File/folder exclusions in On-Demand?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by markrlondon, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markrlondon

markrlondon Registered Member

I've just started evaulating NOD32 2.5 and it seems to be a feature-packed program, although the On-Demand UI layout is ridiculously confused and confusing.

My question is: Is it possible to exclude files and folders from the On-Demand scans? There is a real-time file/folder exclusion list and I see that file extensions can be excluded from both real-time and on-demand scans, but file/folder exclusions from On-Demand appear to be missing.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct? It would seem to be an astounding omission if so.

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

no you cant exclude files/folders from on-demand scan. maybe in version 3. :D

3. markrlondon

Thanks for the confirmation. I find the omission of such an 'obvious' feature absolutely astounding!

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Not on a home user product no, not at all, could you imagine the little “know it all's” excluding their directories left right and centre, systems then being infected, support call switchboards lighting up....

Cheers :D

5. markrlondon

I would say that NOD32's range of features move it well outside of the context of a simple home user product.

For comparison one of the most popular home user AV products, Norton AntiVirus, has directory exclusion features in both its real-time and on-demand sections.

6. Paladium

Paladium Guest

Agree with this point. I just ran the on demand scanner for the first time on my primary system and it wacked my remote admin tool. I had those files excluded in AMON.

I also think that NOD32 is far more advanced and comprehensive, and therefore not really a basic user tool. The vast array of options and configuration settings requires a special guide on how to configure everything properly, making this a bit more complex then a simple user level AV tool.

7. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

Agreed, this is something that surprised me with NOD32. This is a feature that is definitely needed IMO.

8. alglove

alglove Registered Member

For that matter, there are already several different exclusion settings for the other modules... exclude this from AMON... exclude that from IMON. Any home user who is advanced enough to use those exclusions will also want to be able to exclude the same file from an on-demand NOD32 scan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.