Trouble upgrading to 3.5.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Richard McKinney, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard McKinney

Richard McKinney Registered Member

Re: Can not run Spywareblaster v3.5.1

I loved Spyware blaster v3.4 Effective and no problems

1. Could uninstall all parts of v3.4 through ADD/REMOVE except sbautoupdate.exe. Attempt to delete caused freeze up of XP pro. Tried disabling Norton Personal Fire Wall.
    By a freeze I mean I could not close the autoupdate dialogue box of Spy Blaster and thus had to resort to just turning off the machine.

2. When I downloaded 3.5 and then 3.5.1 Autoupdate would not work and there was a continuation of the freezing above.

3. I tried to go back to 3.4 but as we all know now it will not function and refers us to downloading 3.5.1

I really rely on this program and hope a solution to these troubles will be found.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please try the following:

1.) Press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    This should open Windows Task Manager.
    2.) Click on the "Processes" tab.
    3.) Look for an item called "sbautoupdate.exe"
    4.) If it is present, click on it, and press the "End Process" button.
    5.) Now try uninstalling SpywareBlaster.
    6.) Download SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 again.
    7.) Disable Norton Personal Firewall.
    8.) Run the SpywareBlaster installer.
    9.) After it is installed, open SpywareBlaster and try updating.
    10.) Re-enable Norton Personal Firewall.

If you still have problems with AutoUpdate accessing the Internet, after a reboot, open Norton Personal Firewall and check for any rules related to "sbautoupdate.exe". If you can find some, delete all that pertain, and try rebooting your computer again. (Hopefully Norton will re-detect AutoUpdate trying to access the Internet, and prompt you.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.