Problem with exclusion!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by faffy, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faffy

faffy Registered Member

Hi!
    I am trying to exclude one file from being scanned every 1-2 seconds. I am running Outpost 2.0 firewall. NOD keeps scanning the outpost.ini file. I tried to exclude the file itself or the whole directory. It did not help.
    Just one more note. Before Oupost I ran Kerio firewall and I could not exclude those files either.

Any advice?

Faffy

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yes, this is an issue that NOD is aware of. If you look back in this forum about a week or two ago you will see an entire thread about it. NOD is promising to look into it but are tending to more critical matters first.

Take care, Acadia.

3. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

They were supposed to bring out a fix a week ago but for some reason it seems to be delayed. Been waiting for a month for this fix so far.

4. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi All,

the Exclusion function added!

Cheers, :)

jan

5. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi all,

:'( Exclusion still doesn't work, i have tried it with several files, they are still being scanned.

rgds,
    Martin

6. marti

marti Registered Member

I agree with Martin, exclusion does not work with TH and JV16 tools.

7. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi Marti,

Trying to exclude Outpost and a Ghost file, but NOD is still scanning them.

rgds,
    Martin

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Since placing BOClean in the exclude file of AMON, BOClean seems to be a lot more responsive and so I concluded that the Exclude was working.

However, while here at wilders, I noticed in the scanning box of AMON that although the last file name checked did not change- win.ini- the number of files scanned increases every 10 s when BOClean checks memory!

Therefore I am still not sure whether the exclude is working or not :doubt:!

However, when someone states that they think the Exclude is not working, Jan generally refers them back to a post which says that the Exclude is now fixed o_O.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=11588

Can we have a definite statement from Eset on this 'problem'? Is it fixed or not?

I am not knocking NOD, as I am a very happy camper with my 'free' AV, but this problem seems unresolved at the present time.

9. marti

marti Registered Member

Attached Files:

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Blackcat, everything may be just fine. BoClean ALWAYS flashes every 10 seconds, that's the default for scanning your RAM. Read about it here:

http://www.nsclean.com/supboc.html

To repeat, a flashing BoClean icon at 10 second intervals is normal. Take care.

Acadia

11. Vigy

Vigy Registered Member

Hi Blackcat,

when you exclude some file, it means AMON will NOT scan the file for viruses. It doesn't matter what does the BOClean (accessing other files). Those other files are scanned, because "something" (any program) is accessing them. So the exclusion works.

Vigy

12. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I know that the flashing BOClean icon in the system tray flashes red every 10 s. And that is normal for BOClean.

But in the main AMON scanning window, everytime that the BOClean icon flashes, the number of files scanned by AMON increases by one.

I would have thought that when I excluded BOCLEAN, The AMON scanner stopped checking BOClean and therefore there would be no increase in the number of files scanned when BOClean flashes?

Therefore is AMON simply responding to BOClean itself, and therefore the exclude is not working, or to the files checked by BOClean, and therefore it is working?

A confused NOD owner!

13. marti

marti Registered Member

I "told" AMON to ignore the executible used for Trojan Hunter Live Update. As you can see in my screen shot above, AMON is still scanning that file (LiveUpdate.exe).

14. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have tried to get AMON to exclude BOClean and Spybot S&D but it doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.