Internet Explorer Problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sam400, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

Recently I have been having trouble with internet explorer I double click the internet explorer icon and it says handle is invalid. I am not that experenced so if you could explain a simple way of geting rid of this. Or a free diagnostics tool that would ifx this Windows updates wont run without IE

Any advice greatly appreciated

2. hadi

hadi Guest

3. Snowie

Snowie Guest

Sammie

Let IE fix itself...........go to add/remove programs.....an UN-INSTALL IE.........an you will be present with a choice to un-install IE or REPAIR IE........obviously you pick REPAIR IE.......

Am not at all sure what you mean by "HANDLE IS INVALID".....never heard that beforeo_O?? Does IE open? If it does not then you may have yet another problem........try the repair>

Regards

Snowie The Snowman

4. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

The IE is not in the Add or remove programs not sure why.

When I double click the IE icon I get this message

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

The handle is invalid

Tried that IE Fix but only worked for the moment rebooted and the problem was back

5. Snowie

Snowie Guest

Sammie

yup, kinda thought that would happen.....its happening to lots of people lately.....even got me........the only working solution I found was to download and install IE all over again............but make sure you can open download programs.....files, etc.......sometimes this is not allowed......

Whats you OS and IE version ?

can you do a restore and have you tryed...(did not work for me)
    I actually did a complete reformat.......

Best Wishes

Snowie The Snowman

P<S> I will need to shut down very soon but someone will reach out and help you.

6. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

I run Windows XP Home Service Pack two how can I where and how do I download the Internet explorer browser without installing service pack 2

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you can get it Here

8. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

Which one is IE by itself

9. bigc73542

10. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

After I downloaded it. It says a previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You may need to reboot to complete installation before running iesetup setup will now close.

11. bigc73542

Just reboot and then install IE;)

12. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

I rebooted but it still says same thing. I doulbe click on IE setup but gives same message.

13. Snowie

Snowie Guest

****It says a previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You may need to reboot to complete installation before running iesetup setup will now close*****

Thats a normal message in this case....just do as BigC said an you should be ok..............BigC is doing a great job of walking you through this.....better than I ever could......but don't tell him I said that....LOL

Do let us know the results.........

14. snowie

snowie Guest

oops...did not see your last post.......hmmmmmmmm, whatca think BigC........could be he will have to try safe mode...? Did you clean your Cache and Temp folder..........

As previously mention I had to reformat......its an exploit but I have not heard it mention in a forum until now..........it always behaves the same with the same results.........

15. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

Did it but still says same thing.

16. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

I use ccleaner and Microsoft antispyware and spyware gaurd are on says somthing about a changed home page.

17. bigc73542

You might have to follow the instructions Here

18. Snowie

Snowie Guest

Sammie

about all I can suggest now would be to do a system restore........I doubt if that will work but give it a try.............if not....an no one offers a working suggestion........its reformat time.........if you have a burner start backing up your programs, files, etc.....personally I would just get new, clean programs................

19. Snowie

Snowie Guest

BigC

I need to shut down so wishing you well in helping Sammie........good luck....and good night

20. bigc73542

See you later snowie;)

21. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

I went into safe mode it said Newer version detected canot continue

22. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I had an (unrelated) problem in Microsoft windows and I tried various forums without success.
    I then contacted Microsoft directly and one of their tech guys phones me from the US of A (I'm in Scotland) and he talked me through a load of stuff 'till we got to the bottom of it.

Just a thought if all else fails. :)

23. bigc73542

Click the link in post #17 and it will tell you how to install IE even though it gives you that message.

Attached Files:

24. Sam400

Sam400 Guest

I appreciate and thank you guys for all the help IE is now running fine I remove Process G and SG MSAS then IE worked.

The problem now is some of the windows updates wont install some are security vulnerabilities. Any Ideas.

25. myhomie

myhomie Registered Member

me too having problems with IE. its like a bad uninstall or i deleted something. cant remember.. so IE is not on the control panel now. i already tried the guide at the microsoft in post 17 but unfortunately it did not worked either. dont know what to do know. thinking or reformating if i have the time maybe after a few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.