February 16th, 2002, 01:26 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BC, Canada
ZAP beta version 3.0.070
Hi beta testers!
Congratulations on your excellent testing of 3.0.062. *It feels as though
you're a part of the development team here, and I really appreciate your
hard work. *I hope testing hasn't been too difficult - from the feedback
we've been getting, *most* of you escaped any serious crashing. *
So, time to meet version 3.0.070. *This is it, this is the one, the one we'd
like you to really hammer on! *Please provide as much feedback as possible.
All the details are here and on the download site.
A special note: *When you download the new beta, please CANCEL OUT OF the
configuration wizard in the installer. *If you don't, your privacy settings
will not work and you will have to do a clean uninstall and reinstall.
What's been fixed:
This new beta version addresses many of the issues you raised while beta
testing 3.0.062. *Over 40 fixes are in this new beta including:
* * *· * *Various BSODs encountered when running certain applications
* * *· * * *BSOD with win 2k sp2
* * *· * * *Intermittent crash when arrowing on listviews
* * *· * * *Intermittent crash and reboot
* * *· * * *Microsoft VPN client not working
* * *· * * *Reported cases where user cannot establish PPPoE ADSL
connection on 9x with ZoneAlarm Pro running
* * *· * * *Windows update not working properly
* * *· * * *Various spelling errors
* * *· * * *Listview sizing not optimized
* * *· * * *Occasional display problem in Win XP after start-up
* * *· * * *GetRight application not working properly
Where to go to test:
You will find the ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 beta download and comprehensive testing
information at the following Web site:
Thanks very much!
The ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 team
"The best thing we can do in cyberspace is exactly what we do in the real world: do our best to manage the risks."
- Bruce Schneier