40% Voucher from Acronis Home/Office Products

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by j0rd, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

Hi Everyone,
    I just thought I'd let you people know that there is a 40% off voucher that I found at one of the other forums I occassionally visit.

- Just simply go to the Acronis website
    - Go to the Home/Home Office Section
    - Add the your product(s) to the cart
    - In the Voucher/Coupon section type in: CHRISTMAS

I tried it myself and it seems to work, not sure for how long though. Happy Holidays everyone ;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  2. Nitrox

Nitrox Registered Member

Good until January 02, 2006.:D

3. RetiredBri

RetiredBri Registered Member

Saw your post just after buying TI9 when I only got a 5% discount :'(

RetiredBri

4. feddup

feddup Registered Member

CHRISTMAS works fine!

The CHRISTMAS coupon works fine. I got DDS/privacy expert/TI 9 but I've heard it works for upgrades as well. If you like Acronis's products this is an excellent opportunity. Privacy expert is iffy but hopefully they'll improve the product.

5. MartinH

MartinH Registered Member

:(
    I can't use this because I'm German and I want to purchase the German version.

6. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

i'd like 2 use it it like ti but hell i see no diff between ti 8 or 9, not enough reason to upgrade. now if they'd do many of the user sueegedtions there'd be a reason to go to ti 9.x (and being loyal,I wanna, being smart I cant justify it).
    the changes and recommendations to make the users life using ti easier aren't or shouldnt beto hard 2 implement (I programmerd and had commerial software too) so i dont think the usrs are asking 4 2 much,.

if im wrong some one tell me, hell ill upgrade in a sec.

7. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

i feel 4 u..

8. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Email Acronis sales and ask them what they can do for you. Maybe they will let you buy the English version (using the CHRISTMAS voucher code) and then swap the serial number for a German serial number. You could then register it and download the German version.
    Worth asking since sales guys always want money!
    Have you heard the saying: Never stand between a politician and a bucket load of money!
    It applies to sales guys too.

9. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Thanks for the info, but even with an upgrade license and discount code... TI9 AIN'T WORTH IT. They need to pay customers for beta testing the software.

10. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

The whole ATI9 thing has been shameful, but they've worked hard at getting it up to speed and with the release of 2323, they're just about there.

If someone can get a really good price on an upgrade, surely they should buy it while it's cheap, and install the upgrade whenever they feel confident. The remaining bugs will be fixed before too long and things like direct DVD burning will be added (eventually!) and it seems sensible to take advantage of the good price on offer now.:cool:

11. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Anyone can download the free trial version to see if it might be useful to them.
    If so, they can purchase the full featured version by download with a 30 day money back guarantee,
    see: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/retail/refund/

Many have found TrueImage 8 works well for them.
    TrueImage 9 still has some problems however judging by comments in this forum it's improving with each new build and not everyone is experiencing these problems.
    I was also unhappy about the quality of TI9 when it was released. It was more like an alpha release rather than a beta release - it just should not have been released!
    I have been monitoring this forum and checking on the progress before deciding to upgrade. In my opinion (for what it's worth) it's not yet at the stage where I'd install it. The many others who are using TI9 successfully will disagree.
    Having said that, I have just purchased the upgrade (using the CHRISTMAS voucher code) which I have downloaded and registered. I expect TI9 will reach a stage soon where I will install it. Consequently, I couldn't pass up the 40% discount offer.

Is it worth it (with or without the CHRISTMAS voucher code) ? - try it and you be the judge.

12. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Already had a TI9 license for the first 2-3 revs and asked for a refund.

Based on the number of threads with problems for things that should have been fixed in beta... they are nowhere near "there". Bottom line is that if the software is buggy, you don't release it. They stupidly did. If that PM worked for me, he'd be gone.

How do you know the bugs will be fixed? How long has the product been out? You do realize they still haven't fixed some common bugs that have spanned revs no?

Don't hold your breath for DVD burning, I've been asking for that since Acronis 5 or 6, can't remember which... but Drive Image had it back in the day. Been given the lip service on that for a loooonnnngggg time.

I refuse to pay for the privelege of being a beta tester, even with a coupon.

TI8 Build 937 is working fine for me.

13. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Since this has gone so woefully off-topic and the message intended by the original poster is complete, we'll go ahead and shut this down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.