Firefox 1.5, Wilders and Read Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by WWS, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Using WinXPH SP2 and Firefox 1.5:
    After reading a thread, the thread title does not change color to show that I read it.
    This, so far as I've discovered, only happens on the Wilders forums.
    If I look at Wilders in Internet Explorer 6, or when I was using Maxthon, the threads changed colors after reading them.
    Any thoughts?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. WWS

WWS Registered Member

LowWaterMark said:

"(I did the same thing with a different forum section and unread thread using IE, showing the same functionality.)
    If that is what you mean, then that is normal functionality since there is no dialog with the forum software/server in using the Back feature in a browser."

No, that's not what I mean.
    This only happens with Wilders/Firefox.
    'Mark thread as read' works with Wilders/IE and Wilders/Maxthon for me. Even after I close the forum and come back to it later.
    (Quick links/Mark Forums Read doesn't do it,either.)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Did you happen to read the comments in that same post I linked to concerning Firefox :doubt:

5. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Yes, in the same paragraph that I quoted from.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Alrighty....well let me try something else then. What actually happens when you select Quick links/Mark Forums Read :doubt:

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Works fine here with FF 1.5
    No color change, ony bold text on unread threads/replies. Been that way since I joined, so maybe it's an option I overlooked somewhere.

Attached Files:

8. WWS

WWS Registered Member

I don't see anything happening, except a small progress bar at the right bottom appears then disappears.

This morning, I went to 11 other forums and Firefox failed to indicate any read threads in 7 out of the 11 forums visited.

When I switched to IE, all 11 would show a color change that the thread was read.

So, I'm thinking now that this is not a Wilders issue.

Thanks, Bubba....maybe I'll go pester Mozilla.

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

If you went to dslreports as one those forums the bug is in all browsers there. No threads showing read color, for a large number of us, and it is not just one theme there causing the problem either. I have one thread that shows read there for some weird reason but none of the others do. Some show the read color today after you read them again but some never do and a few retain the read color even when unread since new posts. The site is totally screwed up in this regard. It has something to do with logging out and then in too as Fx didn't have the problem for me there until I got logged out because I logged in on another computer and then when I logged in again on my main computer, Fx had the problem.

Sounds to me like this site, for you, has caught the dslr bug!!! :D :p

10. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

I noticed that aswell,what i did find out,is that if click the link at the top of page going back into the topics part,(sorry,don't know the tech names),post pic instead,the titles change colour then.

Attached Files:

11. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Mine has never changed colours, only from bold [unread] to normal font in forum threads, which I prefer personally anyway.

However, that does not help anyone wanting otherwise, so do you have the 'Always Use my Fonts/Colors checked?

Tools/Options/General/Fonts & Colors window....I don't know if this is needed or not, as I haven't played around with them, so just a thought.

Cheers, TAS

edit: If not, I'd just try the 'Colors' one first, as you may screw up your Fonts/Sizes if using the default in FF.

Attached Files:

• 056.GIF
      056.GIF
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.