BBC Arabic

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by minacross, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

after the last update of SB, the BBC Arabic site does not load. It just displays a blank page.
    I do not why, but removing about 30 site at the end of the IE resitricted sites list just make the site works fine.
    after adding these site from SB's Restricted Sites Protection, it stops working again.
    Javacool, could you pls advise what to do? o_O :(

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  3. minacross

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I am unable to find any site within the Spywareblaster database that will cause the results you are seeing :doubt:

If I go to www.bbc.com with high settings for IE I then see a blank screen due to the fact meta refresh is disabled in high. Also....when at that blank screen with Spywareblasters Restricted Sites list enabled I do not see a restricted site icon in the bottom right corner of IE which helps confirm bbc.com is not in Spywareblasters database.

If I lower my IE settings to medium....meta refresh is now enabled....it takes me to the site viewed in the HTML code not to that site you say it's redirecting you to :doubt:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" content="0; URL=http://[B]www.bbc.co.uk/?ok[/B]">
    <TITLE>British Broadcasting Corporation </TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY BGCOLOR="white">
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    I would ask you to check a few things for me Please:
    • Open Spywareblaster and in the Quick Tasks area select Disable All Protection
    • Re-visit www.bbc.com ....what happens ?
    • What icon do you see in the bottom right corner of IE ?

5. minacross

6. minacross

I did so and this is the result.. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just so I am understanding....does "I did so and this is the result" mean you disabled ALL of Spywareblasters protection and that was your result :doubt:

Looking at the pic you posted I see now where you came up with the Restricted Site part you mentioned in your first post. Your pic is showing that Internet Explorer blocked a cookie which they refer to as a Restricted Web Site. That should not be confused with sites placed in the Restricted Zone of Internet Explorer.

In any case....if I assumed correctly that you disabled ALL of Spywareblasters protection as requested above....We are going to have to look at some other program besides Spywareblaster for this problem given the fact nothing dealing with bbc arabic uk is listed in Spywareblasters Cookie or Restricted Sites protection database.

8. minacross

I did disabled SB protection then open the site :rolleyes:
    what other program could do this? :rolleyes: o_O

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Quite a few including your Internet Explorer settings. If you temporarily place www.bbcarabic.com into Interent Explorers Trusted Zone....what type result do you get ?

Also....if you do not mind....would you Please list the other Security\Privacy software you have installed so we can better decide what may be causing your problem.

10. minacross

Spybot S&D
    Ad-Aware
    KPF 2.1.5
    AntiVir PEC
    a-squared

11. minacross

I suspected SB and these steps showed me that I am right :
    1- I chose Internet options > Programs > Reset Web Sittings button.
    2- I opened IE and tried reopening the site.The site opened just fine.
    3- I opened SB and enabled all protection.
    4- I tried to access the site and it was a blank page again

Does SB protection stop executing some activX/scripts that prevents the page form being displayed properly?

thx in advance ..

P.S.: This is now a SB probelm again. Could you pls (any mod.) switch it to SB forum?

12. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I don't think so. I have SWB installed with all protection enabled and after clicking on your link the page displays fine.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.