Acronis True Image - E00040010 Device Is Busy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jstein1206, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstein1206

jstein1206 Registered Member

Purchased Acronis True Image 8.0... I have an NEC DVD-RW internal drive. When I try to create an image using a DVD-r, I receive the following error: E00040010: Device is busy. The log file says "Image Creation Failed".

When attempting to create an image to a CD-R, the process works just fine. I've tried different kinds of blank DVD media. I installed Acronis on a second PC with the same type of drive with the same results. Both PC's are running XP SP2.

I purchased a Sony DVD-RW DL internatl drive... I receive the same message. Again CD-R's work fine. Is there an issue with burning to DVD's? I can burn DVD fine with Nero.

I have also downloaded the software update: build 937.

Please advise.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jstein1206,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

You can find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.
    According to FAQ article, you are not able to create backups to DVD-R discs since such type of DVD discs can not be UDF formatted.

Please also note that the ability to write images to DVD directly will be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular software but exact time frame is not decided yet.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. fattbizkit

fattbizkit Registered Member

I received this same error while attempting to back up my music folder to DVD. I found that my problem was that I was also using my media player at the same time. Turned off the media player and backup proceeded. The media player in question is WMP 10. I think that in someway WMP had the drive "locked?" Which/whatever, it's working now. Hope this resolves someone else receiving this error.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello fattbizkit,

Yes indeed. Windows Media Player (WPM) utilizes the Windows IMAP CD-burning COM Service (My Computer > Manage > Services and Applications > Services) that can sometimes interfere with TI's CD/DVD recording capability. The default startup setting for IMAP CD-burning COM Services is "Manual" (right click on the service and select "Properties"), which means it doesn't come into play until an application (e.g. WPM 10) needs it. Hence, closing WMP 10 will have shut down that particular Windows service and allowed TI to take control of your CD/DVD burner.

Regards

5. ralph926

ralph926 Registered Member

Hello guys:
    I just purchased Acronis True Image 9.0 and I am also getting a device busy when writing to a dvd-rw but my situation is somewhat different. I'm doing my first full image copy of my C drive. I've already writeen to 2 dvd's but when
    I'm asked and then insert my 3rd blank dvd I get the message, "E00040010:Device is busy" error message and cannot continue. I am running Windows XP, SP2 and Acronis True Image 9.0 build 3,677. I am not running any other tasks nor is WMP 10 active. I also have Nero Ultra 6.0 installed. Is there a compatibility issue with Nero? I'm so disappointed. I thought when I purchased Acronis I was getting a premier backup software package. Now I can't even perform my first backup.

:mad:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ralph926,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that use blank unformatted DVDs as it is mentioned in this FAQ article.

Please also update Nero to the latest version available on the respective web-site.

If the above does not help then please do the following:

- Go to Start -> Run and issue the 'regedit' command;

- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;

If this is the first time when this log is being issued, then the folder DebugLogs has to be created first;

- Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1)

- Reproduce the problem and collect the cdrecord.log file created 'Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs' folder.

If you are using the UDF formatted DVDs then please make sure that the corresponding UDF packet DVD writing software is running in Windows "background".

If the problem still persists then please reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

In both cases please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows Syste Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know when the "E00040010 Device Is Busy" error message appears exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.