Failed to register product, please try again later

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by flyboy320, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyboy320

flyboy320 Registered Member

I understand you have a link to download a version that does not require registration for the trial product? I have tried numerous times to install, but keep getting the same error.

Thanks

2. flyboy320

flyboy320 Registered Member

Tried it agan, and all is good now.... :D

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. pepperpod

pepperpod Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. Tried all afternoon but always got the "Failed to register product" message. Even switched off my software firewall.

P

5. Acronis Support

Hello pepperpod,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 that you have downloaded from our web site requires online registration which sometimes fails because of the temporary internet connection problems, firewall or proxy server settings or for some other reasons.

I've sent you a Private Message with the download link for the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 that does not require the online registration.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. pepperpod

pepperpod Registered Member

Many thanks Alexey. I was able to install successfully using the link provided so I'll be evaluating the software for my needs over the next few days.

P

7. srygonic

srygonic Guest

seeing as how this is such a common problem, why don't they post the solution for it here? seeing how i'm facing the same problem as well...

8. steelryno

steelryno Registered Member

don't want to sound like a broken record, but i have been having the same issue over the past 2 days, i would like to evaluate TI9 B$ buying. i am having issues with a new Dell Optiplex and the boot disk
    thanks in advance.

9. Acronis Support

Hello srygonic,

I'm afraid that I can not send you to Private message with the link to download Acronis True Image 9.0 trial version. You need to register your account at the forum at first.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  10. Acronis Support

Hello steelryno,

I've sent you a Private message with the link to download the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 which does not require online registration.

Please visit our online store to purchase Acronis True Image 9.0.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

11. baracus

baracus Registered Member

I get this message ("failed to register") for 3 days, still trying and trying :mad:
    Plz help, I really need to evaluate the software now!

12. Acronis Support

Hello baracus,

Could you please contact us via PM? To send a PM please click on the "Acronis Support" in the head of any of my replies and choose "Send a private message to Acronis Support" item. We will provide you with the link for the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 that does not require the online registration.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

13. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Guest

I'm receiving the same error. This is ridiculous. It's all very nice and well that you're offering people a private download without the registration step, but not everyone has the patience to go through the effort of finding this thread (to learn that this is a common problem) and then to jump through more hoops just to get a copy that works.

One of my goals in evaluating software is to assess how well the installation process goes, as this tends to reflect the quality of the software as a whole. I'm not impressed. I would suggest that you fix this software.

-- jeff

14. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Guest

One more point -- the installer says to try again. If I hadn't read this thread, I'd be retrying for weeks waiting for the registration to work.

15. Acronis Support

Hello Jeff,

Please note that if you cannot register a trial version of an Acronis product during installation, then the problem is most probably caused by your proxy server settings.
    Please open Tools/Internet Options in Internet Explorer, click Lan Settings button on Connections tab and remove the proxy server, if there is any.

If that does not help, please contact us via Private Message or submit a request for technical support.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

16. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Why is this a secret link?

17. fdav

fdav Guest

I am having the same problem as everyone else. Gmail is down no so I cannot register with the forum. When it is up, I will register, and send a PM. In the meantime, why don't you just post the link so that the evaluation verision works the way it should. This does not inspire confidence in either the company or the product.

18. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

The point is that this problem is not typical and so most people are actually able to successfully pass the online registration step during the free trial version installation process.

However, I have already forwarded this information to the respective person in order to make sure that our Management Staff is aware of this problem.

The free trial version registration process will probably be simplified in the future, but exact time frame is not decided yet.

As for the links we provide people who can not pass the online registration step with, please note that these links are not secret, but unique: they have an expiration date and a limited number of downloads.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

19. fmd

fmd Registered Member

Understood. However I am still unable to register. Can you send me the link? Thank you

20. Acronis Support

Hello fmd,

I've sent you a Private Message with the download link for the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 that does not require the online registration.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

21. drunkenpanda

drunkenpanda Registered Member

can you plz send me a link also thank you.

22. Acronis Support

Hello drunkenpanda,

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full versions of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

23. IT_Freak

IT_Freak Registered Member

I'm having the same problem here as everyone else. Can you send me the link so I can install the trial version without registering. This is an unnecessary road to take your potential customers on.

Thank You

24. FreddoFrog

FreddoFrog Registered Member

Ummm....ok. Same problem. Can someone please send me the link to download the installer that does not require registration for TrueImage 9.

25. Acronis Support

Hello IT_Freak and FreddoFrog,

I've sent you Private Messages with the download link for the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 that does not require the online registration.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.