How is F-Secure 2006 compared to KAV 5 and NOD32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Rammstein, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rammstein

Rammstein Guest

How is F-Secure 2006 compared to KAV 5 and NOD32? Does F-secure use same signatures of KAV 5? How is F-Secure heurístic engine, is it good? And what about the F-Secure internet security 2006´s firewall?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Here's a review. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1879078,00.asp

3. mHKm

mHKm Registered Member

kav is much better
    espacially v2006

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe you should also have a look at the comparative tests at www.av-comparatives.org. Especially I'd like to bring into your attention the retrospective tests where you can see how your AV protects you against new threats when there is no signature added yet.

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I have lics for all three + Norton.

I currently use NOD on my main machine - KAV on my media server - Norton on my Dad's machine - F-secure not using at the moment - had a few probs with 2006 - F-secure were kind enough to give me a new lic - so that the licence does not tick away.

I probably like KAV best.
    F-secure is quite heavy but I like product a lot - support is excellent - equal / better than KAV - never contacted nod so can't say. F-sec is quite intrusive and picky about other apps in stalled from my experience. I probably have more installed thna most - PG - Online Armour - RegRung and Outpost - variuos proxies

NOD seems pretty good to me - very light - potect offered on web pages seems more active than - KAV or Fsec. I pt a NOD trial on while I was having Ffec probs and bought it:-* So I guess that says something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.