|Spyware Cleaning Section Closed!!|
|Notice: The spyware cleaning (HijackThis) section is closed. Wilders Security no longer provides one on one spyware cleaning assistance. Please see this announcement for a list of websites that provide such services.|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification November
As part of the monthly security bulletin release cycle, Microsoft provides advance notification to our customers on the number of new security updates being released, the products affected, the aggregate maximum severity and information about detection tools relevant to the update. This is intended to help our customers plan for the deployment of these security updates more effectively.
In addition, to help customers prioritize monthly security updates with any non-security updates released on Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services and Software Update Services on the same day as the monthly security bulletins, we also provide:
• Information about the release of updated versions of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
• Information about the release of NON-SECURITY, High Priority updates on Microsoft Update (MU), Windows Update (WU), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Software Update Services (SUS). Note that this information will pertain ONLY to updates on Windows Update and only about High Priority, non-security updates being released on the same day as security updates. Information will NOT be provided about Non-security updates released on other days.
On 8 November 2005 Microsoft is planning to release:
• 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Critical. These updates will require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA).
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
• Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Download Center.
Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).
Non-security High Priority updates on MU, WU, WSUS and SUS
• Microsoft will release NO new NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates for Windows on Microsoft Update (MU), Windows Update (WU), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Software Update Services (SUS).
Although we do not anticipate any changes, the number of bulletins, products affected, restart information and severities are subject to change until released.
Microsoft will host a webcast next week to address customer questions on these bulletins. For more information on this webcast please see below:
• TechNet Webcast: Information about Microsoft's Security Bulletins (Level 100)
• Wednesday, 9 November 2005 11:00 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|