Closing the Beta Forum?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by controler, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Since I can't start a new topic via Beta Forum, I am guessing it is closing.
    After my recent update, the English version Beta icon dissapeared.
    Now it asks for a new username password and the old don't work.
    What is going on now?

con

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

It is indeed/

..your question will be addressed over here, since you've updated to v2. Did you install over the top? Eset staff will join in if necessary as soon as time permits ;)

regards.

paul

3. controler

controler Guest

Paul?

I must be missing something again, since I anly ran the manual update feature in my Beta. A few days ago, I ran the manual update feature and my version went from the Beta to version 2. Now when I click the update feature, I get the username password splash screen.
    The username password I used to update before does not work.
    NOD32v2
    beta

does not work any longer
    does this mean the Beta is done and I can't update unless I buy the released version
    Thank you Paul for answereing so soon

con

4. Paul Wilders

I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. In case you do have a valid non expired license key, you can grab a (non trial) version from www.nod32.com , and install (plus update) the fresh new registered version.

In case you are a beta test driver: indeed you'll have to buy a license - seems only fair to me ;)

regards.

paul

5. controler

controler Guest

Ok that answerers it Paul. I was only a beta test driver
    So I guess my version is expired. So they updated my beta to a released version and stopped the updates, Only fair to me.
    Funny thing is i didn't even install the released version, just updated.
    I am sure they don't give out that many free released version to those that beta test. That is too bad cause even NAV gives me a free released version for the trouble on installing a beta. Mind you I am not talking the PUBLIC betas either..

con

6. Paul Wilders

Seems the case indeed, con.

I'm sure you have. Still, trial periods are limited - guess that's what has happened in your case.

As far as I know, Eset does not give out licenses for any test driver - and there have been many.

Well, I'm sure you agree test driving Beta software is in fact up to those who feel like doing so - no obligations for test drivers, no commitment for software developers, no promises made. Fairly all software developers act this way - and test drivers are aware of that ;)

Con, it's a well known fact you do have kind of a special relationship with 'NAV" - no offense: nothing wrong with that ;). The fact they provide a "special/VIP" threatment for that reason is indeed very nice. Then again: that's rather special, don't you agree? ;)

Anyway: as a registered member, you are a competitor in our "free software licenses" game. Who knows; you might be one of the lucky ones ;)

regards.

paul

7. controler

controler Guest

Paul

Thank you for your kindness, that is important in this day and age.
    I am sure you know me by now and understand, no matter who the developer is, I am for the underdog and the welfare or the common
    person on-line. This is why I love thw Wilders forums. All the mods have the same attitude toward mankind. This make same smile.
    If I win some of the software offered here as a part of the 5000
    members ,that would be very cool, but I would like to see a needy person win instead of me.
    I do feel like family here. I am sorry for not contributing more lately.

Best rearguards

con

8. Paul Wilders

Thank you con, for your kind words. Guess you are right: you are a member of the "family" over here. I for one am a happy camper knowing you are here - no matter how often :)

regards,

paul

9. Douglas

Douglas Guest

I couldn't have expressed it better, controler.
    And this is why I explicitly trust the security app recommendations that are made by the admins and mods at Wilders.
    And one reason why when my av license expires in August, I'm moving to NOD.

Regards,
    Douglas

10. controler

controler Guest

Here is what Norton does for beta testers. They actualy send a new CD to your home address for each beta release with a code name.
    After the beta is finished, you receive a fresh boxed released version as compliments for your hard work.
    I Am impressed when I can actualy communicate with the developers via e-mail. This shows me they are taking their job very seriously.
    As I mentioned before, when one of the developing team personal contact me< I owe them my respect and grattitude.
    I am now going to give KAV Antihacker one more go to see if I can get that working nicely on my machine :D

11. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi con and all Beta testers,

I want to thank you for all your "betatesting" effort that helped us a lot. I aplogize that I haven't done so sooner :'( in this time when we have also a lot of work.

Please look at this thread.

>The username password I used to update before does not work.
    NOD32v2
    beta

This is true - it was written on the same webpage that it is valid just until June 15.

Once again thanks, :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.