Restoring to a virtual PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kmartin, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmartin

kmartin Guest

I am having a problem restoring an image to a Virtual PC. I am using Acronis Enterprise server to test disaster recovery. I am unable to restore an image to a Virtual PC installation. Is this a limitation of the software or a problem in my methods?

When I try to use a successfully created image on a Virtual PC image, the message "This is not the last created volume of the image archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive."

The image I am using is the only one created. I am only able to use the Safe version from the recovery CD.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

2. kmartin

kmartin Registered Member

Acronis and Virtual PC's

I am trying to use Acronis Enterprise Server 8 to test recovery and new software implementations. I have created an image of a windows 2003 server but cannot restore the image to a virtual PC.

Is this a limitation of the software or am I missing something.

The message I recieve when I try to select the image is "This is not the last created volume of the image. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive"

3. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.