License renewal problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rjprice, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjprice

rjprice Registered Member

I've just renewed my NOD32 licence, using the Eset website, a few days before the old one expires. The confirmation email grants me a licence until a year from tomorrow, rather than a year from when the old licence expires as promised on the website during the renewal process. I seem to remember several threads about this issue a year or two ago, but none recently, so I had assumed the problem was fixed. Do I have to email support@nod32.com to get the date amended? Why is this problem still happening?

Also, I originally bought my licence from www.eset.com ('Online Purchase - USA, Canada, Other countries') because a couple of years ago that worked out considerably cheaper than from www.nod32uk.com, even though I'm in the UK. At today's exchange rate the difference is negligible, and the UK site offers discounted 2 and 3 year subscriptions, but it wouldn't accept my existing username and password. Do renewals really have to be through the same branch of the Eset website? And why doesn't the .com one offer the 2 and 3 year deals?

Richard

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Yes.

Human intervention is still required every now and then.

No not at all, your UN and PW are actually ordered through the one portal at Eset by local Distributors such as Nod32 UK.

Probably to give the local Distributor a small advantage in having its customers remain with purchasing from them (local purchase for local support).

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. rjprice

Thank you Blackspear for your response, which is as always most helpful.

Richard

4. Blackspear

My pleasure Richard.

5. rjprice

I've come to a bit of a dead end with Eset, in trying resolve the second point in post #1 above (renewal not working through a different local Eset office).

I emailed support@nod32.com about both questions, and the first (a wrong renewal date) was sorted out very promptly. The reply from Slovakia said that my second point would be forwarded to the sales department. I got another prompt reply from Sales, in California, pointing out that my renewal date was correct - of course, because Support had just fixed it - but ignoring the second question. When I restated it, they said they could not explain why attempting to renew through Eset UK didn't work. So then I emailed sales@eset.uk.com with the same question, over a month ago, and they haven't even replied.

It's more of an irritation than a major problem, but I don't really see why it can't be sorted out, particularly in view of what Blackspear wrote:

Any ideas how I could pursue this?

Richard

6. Blackspear

Hi Richard, can you try sending a further email to Nod32 UK, they are usually really on the ball.

7. rjprice

I sent the query again (to helpdesk@eset.uk.com this time) and did indeed receive a prompt and polite reply, apologising for overlooking my earlier message and answering the original problem. I include part of that response here in case it's helpful to anyone in a similar situation:

"To clarify the license renewal situation, we only hold records of UK purchased licenses and subsequently if you try to renew a license through our automated system with a username that we don’t have on file, the renewal request is rejected. Only the US headquarters “Central Records” have all license records worldwide. If you had called us we could obviously have clarified your license details with them and processed the renewal manually in the UK, as we will be able to at next renewal date if you prefer."

That explanation seems fine to me - thanks Eset.

Richard

8. Blackspear

Good to see Richard, and thanks for letting us know, it will help someone in the future...

9. Bessy

Bessy Registered Member

I just brought a renewal from my local computer store where i hot my computer from. They gave me a new User name and password and i was told i would be sent an e-mail regarding renewing. I never received that e-mail and my current licence expires today. How do i renew with new licence information. o_O

10. Blackspear

11. Bessy

Bessy Registered Member

Hi Blackstar, Thanks for that. Clicked on renew new and the site was blocked due to certificate error. I have already paid for a renewal and the guy at the computer shop today said that i would recieve an e-mail with a download attachment and gave me my new licence details(username and password). Is there any way to update user name and password in the nod32 control center so that it changes over to my new licence. Sorry if confusing. Bessy:)

12. Blackspear

So you don’t need to pay again.

Attachment, no, email with NEW Username and Password, yes.

You are saying 2 different things, do you actually have your NEW Username and Password? If you do, then you need to enter these into the NOD32 Control Centre as described HERE

See above.

13. Bessy

Bessy Registered Member

Sorry for confusing you, just entered new username and password into the update properties where it asks for username and password. If it doesn't work properly i will just wait until the computer shop opens tomorrow morning where i brought the renewal from and get them to sort it out. Thanks for your help. Bessy:)

14. Blackspear

It can ONLY go in ONE area and that is the NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup. After this if you click on "Update now" and it comes back as "Your version of NOD32 is up to date, no update is necessary", then you have entered them correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.