manner to request refund

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lostinthyme, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostinthyme

lostinthyme Registered Member

It would be in the interest of Acronis & Digital River to post a sticky with precise information & manner to apply for a refund of TI9

Continued problems even on build2777 have been so unreliable I am with the others who have retreated to TI8

I'm not intersted in playing blame games or attempting to understand the release of such a buggy product but it seems to be an either or situation - either it works or it's a failure in some significant way

All my emails & phone calls & voicemail messages in past week have produced not one reply

[please do NOT ask me to post my incident number here - now it's simply too late]

Regards

2. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

The Refund Process Was Quite Simple For me which I Received A Few Days Ago

3. leou

leou Guest

Hopefully you will share this process with us or is it a secret?

4. Peter Mac

Peter Mac Registered Member

To be fair to Acronis....

Acronis has taken a lot of heat for version 9.0

The problem is Acronis set the standard for quality really high with True Image 7 and 8.

When you set the standard for elite software you have a tough reputation to live up to.

As such, releasing TI 9.0 with so many problems did a lot of damage to Acronis's reputation.

However, let's talk about how bad every company is.

Microsoft releases EVERY OS with tons of bugs. Many MS features don't work either even after SP1, SP2, SP3, security this, security that.....

Acronis still kicks Norton's ass in backup software (ignore the poor release of TI 9.0 for a moment)

I worked for a crazy COO that always released software before it was ready just to make more money. Guys, don't blame the Acronis development team. I'd bet my bottom dollar they knew it wasn't ready but were forced to release it early. My team always knew our software wasn't ready when it was rolled out too early. Then everyone had to spend weekends and evenings fixing the bugs and making it usable.

Am I upset with Acronis? You bet I am. I wasted 5 hours fighting TI 9.0 before I gave up and went back to TI 7.0 (I bought 9.0 last week).

I think I want my money back ;)

All of the awards for "best backup solution on the planet" are for TI 8.0 (Cnet, Pcmag, etc)

Acronis is selling version 9.0 while advertising credentials of TI 8.0 and that's not right. If you are selling version 9.0 post version 9.0 reviews.

Acronis, will you let me exchange TI 9.0 for TI 8.0?

5. Chadmi

Chadmi Registered Member

What is the manner to request a refund?

6. Freegoo

Freegoo Registered Member

7. Chadmi

Chadmi Registered Member

8. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Re: To be fair to Acronis....

~Mod note....removed uncalled for and improper personal characterization....Bubba~

I have a couple of questions for you since you seem to know so much about TrueImage 8, even though you don't own it and never purchased it.

Quote - Peter Mac: "The problem is Acronis set the standard for quality really high with True Image 7 and 8."

1) What was so great about TI8?
    Was it that it didn't really lose that much user data?
    Or, was it that it didn't back up to DVD's?
    Or, was it that it gave erroneous prompts when backing up to CD's?
    Or, was it that it failed to recognize external USB hard drives?
    Or, was it that it failed to provide USB2 driver speed when backing up most popular recent hardware platforms?
    Or, was it that it generated "unhandled exception error" messages for many common setup routines?
    Or, was it because it failed to offer the appropriate after cloning shut down option which corrupted so many inadvertent dual clone reboots until build 937?
    Or, was it the fact that after at least 7 build revisions ending with 937 Acronis ended support for TI8 and never fixed all the serious flaws it repeatedly promised us it would fix for over six months in this forum?

If that's your definition of really high quality then please hang loose, send me your credit card number, and I'll sell you some equally fantastic software for $39.95 that I just wrote last night after drinking six shots of vodka.

Finally, your statement "However, let's talk about how bad every company is." really provides insight as to your attitude in this case. If you think that a little murder is okay because everybody else is doing it please let me know where you live so I can move far away. I was never a believer in mediocrity or making excuses for bad behavior just because somebody else was also behaving badly.

Acronis has fallen and they can't get up, like the old TV commercial says. My opinion is that there's no excuse for what they have done nor, especially, how they have responded to their goofs.

Just my opinion, based on actual ownership of the product, not just reading reviews and guessing how good or bad it is. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  9. Peter Mac

you are truly a quintessential acronis geek.

tell me what is better then? tell me what is superior? Norton ghost? yeah, whatever. Arcsoft? Ditto. They All suck--that's what I'm saying.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I have taken the liberty to combine the thread Titled To be fair to Acronis with this ongoing thread since they essentially the same IMHO. That being user dis-satisfaction with the present version of Acronis Trus Image software.

11. Chadmi

Chadmi Registered Member

Thanks, Chadmi

12. lostinthyme

lostinthyme Registered Member

have not even received the courtesy of an automated reply

NO support on TI9
    not from tech (likely over-burdened)
    not from headquarters - not on 800 number/email/voicemail/or leaving personalized fax & message with operator

Quite sad Acronis

13. davr

davr Guest

14. Peter Mac

I won't be asking for a refund. I believe the core engine is solid enough it will be fine. However, I will wait 30-60 more days before trusting any of the TI 9.0 backups with my data. I'm using TI 7, which I know works, in the meantime.

After a couple more releases I will gradually begin using TI 9.0

15. scadarick

scadarick Registered Member

Is this build ver 9_2777 be my problem too. at times it ask for dvd frmated, but when I do the task, its ask for dcrw instead of the dvdrw I just formated.

Now I am confussed...I need to backup my MCE 2005 system before morning.
    Rick

16. milleron

milleron Registered Member

I've used imaging software faithfully ever since PowerQuest's Drive Image 2 a decade ago. I've never needed it, however, until about an hour ago. Microsoft's Bootviz utility made a trace log file that was almost 2Gb in size, and the computer then refused to reboot. A boot floppy failed to read the directory structure on my FAT32 C: drive. (the DIR command gave an Abort-Retry-Fail response. Remember that?:eek: ) Linux, installed on another partition, saw the C: drive but no trace of the Windows directory. True Image 8 took about 6 minutes to restore the whole drive to its condition of 24 hours ago, and I'm up and running as though nothing ever happened. TI8 saved my ass BIG TIME.

They don't all suck--that's what I'm saying.

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.