Test TI Build 2277 - keep your old recovery discs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Little Pete, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Pete

Little Pete Registered Member

Hi,

Today I did again some tests on build 2277. I followed my checklist and indeed al lot of problems are solved.

But, I encountered a new killer. I tried to restore an whole disc from an incremental disc image. I used a new recovery cd created with this latest build. I got an error E00070020 - The archive is corrupted.

I didn't understand this because I always check my backups after creation. After a second attempt I paniced a little. My desktop was total loss.

Then I tried to restore the same incremental image with an old recovery cd (build 2247) and lucky as I am, this time the restore succeeded.

To be sure I tried the restore again with the new cd, again with the same error. Took the old cd and everything is ok.

I noticed a few small differences between both versions when I looked at the progress screens. There are indeed differences (I don't know what- did compare file sizes) for the files ramdisk.dat and bootmenu.exe. between both cd's.

I'll keep all my recovery cd's for a while, just in case...

Little Pete

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Little Pete,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have informed our Development Team about this problem and we will try to reproduce and resolve it. Please accept our apologies if the investigation will take time.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.