-=Acronis True Image 9: build 2273 Do's en Don't=-

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

-=Acronis True Image 9: build 2273-2277 Do's en Don't=-

This is wat I experienced with my computer:

From within windows. Creating an Image works!
    From the boot cd. Creating an Image works!

From within windows restoring an non system disk works!
    From the boot cd. restoring always give currupt image.

From within windows restoring of files from an image works!
    From the boot cd. restoring of files always fails with an image is corrupt message!

From within windows Creating an image to my Buffalo Linkstation 300GB works.
    From the boot cd Creating an Image to my buffalo Linkstation freezes. No matter what PC I use.

My system report is attached!
    Please assist im on vacantion now and can assist to resolve these problems till monday! THIS IS FREE BETA TESTING ACRONIS! SO USE IT!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Registered Member

Nice post. I can confirm the first three points listed on my system.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

"From the boot cd. restoring always give currupt image."

That one is the killer for me. If the **** hits the fan and you don't have an OS anymore, and you need to dust off that boot CD - you *need* to know that restore is going to work.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

ITA !!

If it can't do that, it's no more than a coaster !

5. analystguy

analystguy Guest

I've upsized my hard drives to a SATA Raid 1 array and am trying to restore my previously saved image from the Acronis Boot CD. I ALWAYS get a corrupt archive message when doing so. This renders the product useless for PC upgrades.

6. leou

leou Guest

I can also confirm these errors.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response. I'm also really sorry for all the inconveniences caused by such a behaviour of Acronis software.

I'm glad to inform you that the problem with that "corrupted image" error message appearing when trying to restore an image when booted from Bootable Rescue CD is already in the process of the investigation. I believe that our Development Team will do their best in order to fix it as soon as possible.

I'll let you know when the fixed build will be available.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Acronis Support

Hello jeremyotten,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As for the problem with saving the images to your buffalo Linkstation.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2277) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

I would also recommend you to try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2277) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you will not be able to create a sysinfo.txt file for some reasons then please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please keep your buffalo Linkstation connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. jeremyotten

This computer does not have a floppy drive. Can you modify the utility to use flash disk.

10. jeremyotten

Already created my own flashdrive method.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=100428

I tried the acpi=off noapic method

NO RESULT

even tried without compression. NO RESULT. Goes really fast but hangs at few seconds from finishing. It backupping to a buffalo linkstation NAS solution which OS is also linux so where is the problem.

Here is my report.txt

... wel I tried to attach but it is bigger then 100k and zip isn't supported!!!!

send a mail to support@acronis.com

Please respond asap!

11. Acronis Support

Hello Jeremy,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter or send me a private message containing your e-mail address? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

12. jeremyotten

[Acronis #372604] TI 9 bootcd freezes when backing up to Buffalo Linkstation.

and everybody can now my email addres: j.otten@randomsolutios.nl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.