Fix Bugs in TI8 v937

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobdat, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Now that TI9 has been released:

1) Will Acronis fix any of the serious remaining bugs in TI8 v937?

2) Does Acronis feel any responsibility to make TI8 live up to its advertised claims?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

So instead of Acronis fixing TI 8 the answer is we pay again for TI 9 Upgrade (which by all accounts is even more buggy?)

Please answer the questions originally posed.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

What are the outstanding bugs in 8.937 ?

5. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Thank you Paul for so accurately posing that question. You have echoed my sentiments exactly after reading the preposterous reply from Irina.

A reply like hers makes it is clear that Acronis is hopelessly lost in a sea of bad business policy and drowning as we speak.

The only hope for TrueImage at this point is if some other capable company acquires them and rescues us.

It's time I dusted off my Ghost cd and began refamiliarizing myself with a program I don't like but which works reliably. :(

6. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Please accept my apologizes for my post above. It is really difficult to say about any problems in Acronis True Image 8.0 and their fixing in Acronis True Image 9.0 because it is two different products but based on one technology. Our Developers have tried to implement the solution for all the problems which have not been solved in 8.0 version.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. Hannes

Hannes Registered Member

Have to agree. My personal problem with TI began with the last build of ver. 7.0 (before that, everything went fine and reliable with me concerning True Image);but instead of a bugfix Acronis "offered" to BUY the update to ver. 8.0 - I did it with the hope that at least I could work like before. I had to find out that the days when TI would work w/o problems were over for me. With every new build I hoped everything would work again - no way. The problem was that TI would write a backup file, but often (not always) the verify process showed "corrupted" file. That happened with all builds of ver. 8. All you hear by Acronis is " try the new build and see if your problem is fixed"......I even re-installed my OS several times- no change. And now there is a new (?) version again: 9.0. Guess what I did - I BOUGHT that version.......just to see that now EVERY time I try the image is corrupted (but when I boot the system with a ver. 8.0 recovery cd that image is OK and a restore can be done).
    So what'll I do now? I already sent Acronis the data they asked me for. Already tried the first 3 or so builds of 9.0. So I just wait for 10.0 and buy it.........might be that it will work out fine - or not??

8. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Hi, Irina.

I realize we may have some language/interpretation problems here so I'll try to be more clear.

I own TI8 and have used every build since 796. Build 937 works fairly well for me except that the Linux drivers you supply are way too slow to be usable on most modern pc's. The slowness forced me to create a BartPE CD so I can achieve reasonable cloning and restore speeds on my Pentium 760 laptop.

My BartPE CD works fairly well once it slowly boots up but your v791 plugin has no CD backup capability. So I'm in a difficult situation.

1) I have to go back and forth between using 937 on my hard drive for "maintenance" tasks like verifying images.

2) For repetitive tasks like cloning and creating images which require reasonable speed, I have to use my BartPE CD with the old v791 Acronis plug-in.

3) The v791 plug-in has limited functionality that can't create a backup to CD's so I can't do everything I need to do from the BartPE CD.

4) If I use my build 937 boot CD (or any prior build boot CD) to create the images to CD's it takes several HOURS to do it because of the slow Linux drivers.

So, my question/request is posted not to give you a hard time but to request that you people complete what you started when you produced TI version 8 and sold it to thousands of users like me and then, right here in this forum for many months, you promised to fix it.

I sincerely believe that you have an unfulfilled moral, ethical and legal obligation to TI8 owners like me to provide us with a fully functional product as was promised in your advertising materials before we bought TI8 and ever since by your promises to "fix" issues like the slowness and other bugs.

What did you do instead? You came out with a PAID upgrade to TI9 and left us with a partially completed TI8 build 937 as your final effort.

Irina, I don't think your actions have been fair, right or honorable. I really believe you owe all of us TI8 owners a finished TI8 product that meets your advertised claims and fulfills the promises you made in this forum as we all patiently awaited the next TI8 build that would have had those fixes.

Can you promise owners like me that you will "finish" TI8 (regardless of what you do with TI9 which is a separate product as far as I'm concerned)?

Thank you.

9. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I have repeatedly asked if the bug in 937, which prevents the TrueImageService task from terminating, has been fixed - STILL no answer. :mad:
    I am not a software tester and will not download and install Version 9 just to see if the problem has been fixed. Either development knows or they do not know. They should be upfront and say which it is.
    There will be no more money leaving my pocket for a product which allows you to set up scheduled backups but will not allow them to run.

10. dld

dld Registered Member

Bobdat, I think your comments are most appropriate. When you buy a product like Acronis True Image, you expect it will do what it is advertised it is capable of doing. If the product does not live up to these advertisements, you expect updates to be provided that will remedy these deficiencies. Acronis should be able to guarantee that its product will do what it is advertised it can do. One should not have to pay any extra money to have these deficiencies fixed.
    This apparently is not the policy of Acronis. In leaving those who do not wish to upgrade with no remedy to existing problems with their version and in suggesting that only by paying extra money for an upgrade can they hope to have any support for a product that has not met its advertised claims, Acronis is showing poor business practice. I feel sorry for employees of Acronis like Irina who have to defend such a policy on this forum.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  11. Mdraft

Mdraft Registered Member

No it has not been fixed

12. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

So TI 9 is "fixed" and TI 8 isn't / won't be....

Nice. Our product has problems but to get the fixes you must pay again......

Well at least the only remaining problem i have is the "Crash True Image Application" button disguised as a delete button still remains so i can't delete old Images using TI8.

However i understand others have worse problems.....

I know TI8 had problems but it's no good just running out a new version to try and hide the old bugs.....

13. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Agree With Most Users,Acronis Should Still Support True Image 8.0 Until At Least Most Of the Bugs OR problems are solved or fixed,True Image 8 should be updated to support PS/2 Devices which it lacks support for, Version 7 Supported PS/2 Or if this is not the case then something was changed from version 7 to version 8 so the PS/2 Mice would no longer work, they should at least update the site with a fairly good working version of true image 8, Devices that is as the program itself seems quite stable

14. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really sorry for all the inconveniences caused by the behaviour of Acronis software.

First of all, please be aware that in spite of the fact that there most likely will be no public updates\new builds for Acronis True Image 8.0 we still do support version 8.0 and will try to resolve any of the reported problems.

Please also note that if something is not not working as advertised in Acronis True Image 8.0, but works fine for you in version 9.0 then feel free to request a free upgrade by sending a letter describing the issue to support@acronis.com. We will investigate the problem and certainly provide you with such upgrade if it is really needed. By the way, that is the reason for asking you to try the new version and see how it works on your PC.

In case you still have any unresolved problems with Acronis True Image 8.0 and you think that they should be solved, just describe them in details starting the new thread for each issue. If you are already in a correspondence with Acronis Support then let me know your Acronis request #, which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from us via e-mail. I'll take a look at the correspondence and see what we can do.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.