corrupted no "User Accounts" restored by Microsoft Download Center
I un-installed Nero per Acronis' recommendation and imaged a 2.33 gigabyte partition with no compression using TI10's own DVD recording software and the results were a corrupted "Users Account" section in the control panel as had happened when using Nero with no compression.
This corrupted partition did not allow me to download AT&T's browser via FireFox nor could I access the Microsoft Download center. I Tried to install the missing files listed in the error box but no go.
It was obvious that both "User Accounts" and "Internet Explorer" were both corrupted. The rest of the restored image seem to work OK.
I was able to get to Microsoft's Update thru FireFox and downloaded "internet Explorer 7" to see if it would magically repair IE7. Well, I got lucky and after a longer than usual download (IE7 also said it had to install base components) I could download the AT&T browser (which is based on "Internet Explorer"). As a bonus "Users Accounts" was also restored!
I'm still determined to get TI10 to image without compression as it does't need to be mounted to check it out.