Firewall-Cannot Load Proxy Server Error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by KaneComputing, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

Hi all,

Am testing ESS Beta on 2 machines so far. On my desktop so far its been flawless.

Installation on my laptop went smoothly (no reboot!) but when ESS loaded I got an error message on the main status screen "Firewall is enabled but proxy server could not be started. Application protocol checking will not function."

I've attached a screenshot.

Cheers,

David

Attached Files:

2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

A quicky to confirm I have the same issue after installing using both default and custom methods. I'm using a secondary Win2K SP4 using dialup.

3. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

After much effort, I finally used LSPFix.exe to delete an old Wingate dll and WinsockXPFix.exe to reset the Winsock stack. ESS installed flawlessly and works!

Unfortunately I now get a BSOD Stop Error after a period of use. It points to a DRIVER_IRQL..... error with the wanarp.sys driver. This is "MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver" Debugging this now; any insight would be appreciated.

4. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

I have additional information on this problem.

I did some experimentation and found that when I uninstalled PC Tool's Spyware Doctor (v5) I was then able to install ESS and it installed without the Load Proxy Server error.

I then reinstalled Spyware Doctor. This went normally. But when I rebooted the computer I received a BSOD (STOP 0x0A IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL).

This continued until I went into Safe Mode and uninstalled Spyware Doctor. BSOD went away and did not return.

I have reported this to ESET directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.