Backing to DVD (from Rescue Media) depends on Type of DVD Burner

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aggronix, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aggronix

aggronix Registered Member

Hi, folks.

Backup directly to external USB DVD works! :D ... in some cases o_O

We have an elder SONY DRX510UL and we were able to make Backups with TI home 9.1 build 3641 and 3694. With a HP 840 we had no luck.

Then we tried TI 10.0 Build 4871 and our SONY wasn't supported anymore. With TI 10, build 4929 the Sony works again but our HP 840 is still not working.

Is there anybody who can report about any other working external DVD Burner (regard: From the bootable rescue media environment) ?

(btw: I asked the acronis support for such a list - at least for one working model of any reasonably actual DVD Burner in August) :thumbd:

Please: Yes I know about Bart PE but we don't have windows licenses for those relevant pc's. Therefore we bought TI. Please spare me with Bart PE proposals. :D Thx.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You are really swimming up stream. Backup to an external USN drive instead of a DVD burner. It's much faster and will be less frustrating. You can burn DVDs later.

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Totally agree with jmk here ... and there is a further "hidden" downside to backing up directly to dvd media - if you have to do a Recovery, and your images are on 3 or 4 or more dvds, you'll be doing what I call the dvd shuffle. The process will have you swapping out dvds back and forth with what seems like there is no end to it.

4. aggronix

aggronix Registered Member

jmk, of course you are right.

We are able to backup to an external HD (WD Netcenter) without any problem and really fast. But we bougth TI because we have some PCs without a LAN card. As they are in a production area and in a validated state, it is not possible to change anything. Any hard- or software installation is prohibited.

TI is exactly what we need. Booting the linux kernel and accessing an external USB drive. For this reason we decided for Acronis and against the guys with those yellow boxes :)

I don't understand why acronis isn't able to name ANY drive which is supported.

regards, aggronix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.