TI says "partition contain errors" about NTFS partition hidden by System Commander

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by natric, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natric

natric Registered Member

I'm using TI Home 10 and experienced a maybe normal but embarassing thing. Well, I talk about a multi-boot PC through System Commander, the first disk containing three primary partitions for Win 98 SE, Win 2K Pro SP4 and Win XP SP2.

As you know, System Commander allows to hide others partitions containing others OS's at boot time : so, when I boot on Win2K, the WinXP one is hidden and reciprocally. This avoiding any hasardous corruption between XP and 2K.

Until, now, both the XP and 2K partitions was a FAT32 ones (the reason why behind a matter of sharing from 98SE). Some days ago, I've switched all of this to NTFS (all in 3.1 unless the Win2K which is a 3.0 one), because I don't need any more to reach them from 98SE.

Every week, I run (through TI scheduler) a entire backup of all the disks and all of their partitions.

When all was in FAT32, all was OK about TrueImage, but since all is in NTFS, I always get a message about the hidden partition (the XP one when 2K is active and reciprocally as said above), saying "Some partitions contain errors and can be imaged only sector-by-sector [...]".

Of course, all the partitions are OK and error-free, I checked using chkdsk /f and Partition Magic.

Also, maybe useful to know, the hidden (and unmounted) partition appears as a "Type 17 (Hex)" in Partition Magic and a "FS : None Partition: 0x7 (NTFS, HPFS)" in Acronis TrueImage.

How to remove this error ? What the consequence ? Should I remove the System Commander hiding feature about this partition and rather just not assign any letter to it in Windows ? Does some of you encounter this same case ?

2. natric

natric Registered Member

Does someone has an idea or some info around my problem ?
    Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.