TI8 no longer Explores Images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Clearline, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clearline

Clearline Registered Member

I have been using TI8 for over a year now at v.8.0.0.937, which I have been using since it came out.
    As if a month ago, my images would not mount either from the context menu or from directly within the program, I get the error message that TI couldn't mount to that drive.

These images have been mounted before, and I verified a few of them. It won't even mount images that I just created.

Reinstalled the update, same problem. Uninstalled then reinstalled and now my computer blue screens when I try to mount an image
    error code: Stop: 0x000007E (0xc00005,0x0a060003,oxF88E66A),OxF88e63A0).

This is happening on 2 computers. Anyone have any idea why this problenm occurs and/or why is started after working so well for so many months? o_O

I suspected that maybe INCD may have been casuing the problem, but the program is only on one of my computers.

As it is, I can't view, inspect, or extract from any of the images I make.:'(

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Have you added any new hardware like wireless keyboard or mouse or usb hubs?

3. Clearline

As far as I can tell/remember, no new devices or drivers.
    Maybe I updated usb drivers a few months ago
    I posted this 2 weeks ago, and just retested, and my machine still crashes.

I can still create and restore images,

I uninstalled the acronis driver in device manager, which seems it's only purpose was for exploring images, and still crashed when trying to explore.

It really annoys me that Acronis doesn't just supply a simple reader program to read the images, like ISO files, instead of this device driver system. Also when you look at the properties for the image file, with a normal file manager, you should be able to see the comments /notes, and be able to adjust them.

It just doesn't make sense to me, that I have been able to explore these files, and now, suddenly tw:mad: o_O :mad: o different machines crash when trying to read these files

4. Ralphie

Other than downloading the trial version of version 10, try making the bootable Rescue CD of your version, boot with it and see if that will work.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Maybe a Windows Update file got you?

6. Ralphie

Good point, seekforever. This may surprise a lot of people here but after adding SP2 to my XP Pro system, I've never done any other Windows updates. My automatic updates are disabled. I just keep my firewall running and my antivirus program current. Too often I read of people doing their windows update and then something doesn't work right anymore. And it may not be the fault of the update itself but just that the update doesn't play nice with something else on that system.

7. Clearline

I can't blame windows for this one, and on most of my systems I rarely update beyond XP SP1, as I have found SP2 too problematic at times.
    I have boot CDs but there purpose is for restoring, not Exploring or mounting images. I can still restore images, no problem.

It is there virtual driver that is crashing and I need to know why, as I have of 40 images backed up and I need to access them on occassion.

Except for a version upgrade of Nero, there were no other changes in my systems. It is more like the TI Program has self mutating code in it as it stopped mounting images on 2 systems at about the same time.

8. Clearline

TI8 no longer Explores Images - Got Worse

I may have spotted the reason why this started happening, and it may be Daemon tools (an excellent image mounter). I had installed the lattest version, and the latest GUI tool.

Recently my system got worse, where I couldn't mount ISOs in the context menu (Daemon-awtools), and if I right clicked on a CD drv, the desktop (explorer.exe) would crash. And of course if I try to explore/plugin a TI image, I get the blue screen crash.

Upgrading to TI version 9 did not resolve or change the problem.

So I started unloading things. Nero 7 and InCd removed, Isobuster out, USB drivers updated or removed, and USB storgage removed. NO CHANGE

Removed the awTools from daemon, and all the normal disk funtionalities returned, except ability to explore with TI, which still gets a blue screen. At the daemon site, the forum shows that people are having similar problems with, ide, sata and cd-rom drvs.
    So if you use Daemon tools and havve been getting some quirks, that may be where the problem is. I am getting ready to update to the latest version of daemon, and try different systems to see if can get these programs to co-exist.
    Will report when I have more data.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Clearline,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please do the following:

- Download SetupApiLog.zip, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;
    - Delete \Windows\setupapi.log and reboot the computer;
    - Reproduce the mounting problem and provide setupapi.log;
    - Let us know whether there is a delay after hitting Proceed and getting the error message.

If there is no EISA partition, make sure the Acronis drivers have been successfully registered in the Windows registry the way described in this previous post.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please perform the action described in this previous post to enable Windows mini-dumps that will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly and to provide you with a possible solution.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;
    - Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  10. Clearline

Re: TI no longer Explores Images - Identified Problem Source

I reinstalled the Daemon Virtual drv and the awTools programs again, and for a week, all functions in all programs worked fine, then I started have the same problem as above. So I unloaded the awTools, and all other functionalites of Daemon & True Image returned.

awTools is a 3rd party extention for Daemon, for mounting and unmounting image files from a context (right clk) menu and without it Daemon works OK, but is not as easy to access.

Daemon mounts drvs using a SCSI drver port and somehow using the extention tool screws up some systems (even without Acronis loaded).
    Older version of Daemon would interfere with ServicePack upgrades, as it would lock up atapi.sys, causing to the service pack to hault then fail. (using process explorer, I would kill any running reference to atapi.sys and the service pack would then proceed).

So I have identified this problem, but haven't figured out a solution to it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.